PDA

View Full Version : On a mission to cure my HA - just a few questions for fellow HA's

tan235
08-04-18, 06:46
Hi All,
I'm on a mission to control my HA - this, hopefully may be on the last posts from me in regards to concern. I'm feeling, like, I'm getting a bit of a handle on it, and I don't expect it to be magic, but I'm doing therapy without medication, meditation and herbal calm pills, plus eating healthy and controlling my urges to google.
However, there is one thing I'm needing help with.
Figuring out if the stronger afflictions are HA common or isolated to me and therefore need more examining.
They are as follows:

A feeling of an overwhelming sense of dizziness, more often when I look up quickly or move my head quickly, it almost feels as though I'm about to have a vertigo episode - common?

Waking up in a panic, as if I can't breathe - not every night, but almost like clockwise as soon as I fall asleep - I will be jerked awake in a panic which lasts about 20 seconds then I fall asleep - common?

A sensation of being on a boat but obviously not on a boat, that quite often happens alongside the weird vertigo issue.

Last one, sometimes feeling as though I've been turned on and off, hard to explain but almost like I"m in a lift and the lift suddenly drops, which then almost turns into vertigo - different from the first one but just as scary.

Those are my main things - all my other aliments I believe are real, GERD, indigestion, pain from IBS etc but I understand why I get those - it's the ones I can't make sense off that worry me.

Love to hear if you get these as well - if they are common or warrant investigation.
Am I seeking reassurance?
Not really - I"m seeking understanding of how common a certain 'thing' is in our world that's all.
x

---------- Post added at 05:46 ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 ----------

For the record - I've read how many posts I've done over the last month, I'm aware that this may be a pattern, I'm aware that etc etc etc - I"m aware .... so no need to reiterate what I already know - really just figuring it all out in my head and this is my method, rightly or wrongly ;)
Like I said, hopefully, guys my handle on this is strong enough that I've got this ... I feel like this is the strongest I've been in years, and I even have a gastroscopy coming up and I"m not that anxious - scared yes but that's natural but not overly anxious.

schmol
08-04-18, 10:14
Vertigo and waking up in a panic are both very common for me. "Sea" sickness also happens to me a lot, but less frequently so. I can't say I understand what you mean by the last one, but I often get mentally confused.

cattia
08-04-18, 12:02
I got the vertigo turning my head to the side when I was coming of SSRIs. I also get the dropping in a lift feeling, mainly when I've been doing something involving moving like going on a trampoline, exercise bike, escalator etc.

tan235
08-04-18, 20:33
I should also add, a twitching eye for over a year now! ;)

NancyW
09-04-18, 04:26
Tan, your still seeking reassurance, from what I've learned here, that's one of the hallmark symptoms of HA.

Granted, your asking in an uncommon way but your still seeking reassurance.

Is that truly helping you overcome HA?

tan235
09-04-18, 08:57
Yep and I shall seek reassurance for the rest of my life for one thing or another, it's the human condition not a condition within itself. I appreciate your response but not relevant to the question... I'm truly intrigued to see what the percentage is of HA that may suffer the same 'issues' because of anxiety. x

pulisa
09-04-18, 14:26
Yep and I shall seek reassurance for the rest of my life for one thing or another, it's the human condition not a condition within itself. I appreciate your response but not relevant to the question... I'm truly intrigued to see what the percentage is of HA that may suffer the same 'issues' because of anxiety. x

If you are wanting to cure your HA, Nancy's response is very relevant to your question.

cattia
09-04-18, 14:47
I think the problem with anxiety is that we are always going to have to live with uncertainty. I personally am terrible at this. Even if I reach a point where I can finally accept that all my symptoms really could be caused by anxiety, it will be short lived because new symptoms will come along. Most of the symptoms we deal with that accompany anxiety could also be caused by something physical, often something serious. My aim is to be able to live with this knowledge and try to be rational and proportionate with my interpretation of physical symptoms. I would say I'm a long long way off that, but I do agree that we will never reach a point where all our symptoms can 100% be attributed to anxiety, even though that is the most likely cause of them.

pulisa
09-04-18, 17:18
I think the problem with anxiety is that we are always going to have to live with uncertainty. I personally am terrible at this. Even if I reach a point where I can finally accept that all my symptoms really could be caused by anxiety, it will be short lived because new symptoms will come along. Most of the symptoms we deal with that accompany anxiety could also be caused by something physical, often something serious. My aim is to be able to live with this knowledge and try to be rational and proportionate with my interpretation of physical symptoms. I would say I'm a long long way off that, but I do agree that we will never reach a point where all our symptoms can 100% be attributed to anxiety, even though that is the most likely cause of them.

I think the aim should be to accept that we will never reach that point-it's impossible. "Success" for me represents being able to live comfortably with symptoms which cannot be fully explained but which have been proved to have no pathology.

AMomentofClarity
09-04-18, 17:25
Tan, your still seeking reassurance, from what I've learned here, that's one of the hallmark symptoms of HA.

Granted, your asking in an uncommon way but your still seeking reassurance.

Is that truly helping you overcome HA?

Very well said and very pertinent. The basics of reassurance seeking are there in the OP, symptom descriptions and asking if others experience the same.

Elen
09-04-18, 17:49
If you are wanting to cure your HA, Nancy's response is very relevant to your question.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Re assurance seeking is re assurance seeking however you wrap it up.