PDA

View Full Version : HIV anxiety striking again, can vaccines interfere with tests?

Samy
08-04-18, 09:28
About 5 months ago i did something foolish and may have been exposed to HIV (possible saliva other fluids in small cut) i was told this was a very low risk and to test at 3 months, i did test at 4/6/8/13/18 weeks after exposure with the INSTI rapid hiv test.
Now i usually would have trusted those last two results however, when i took my week 13th/14ish week test i was on some antibiotics or naproxen and some other gastro medicine so im not sure if that would altered the results of the test.
That thought bugged me so i tested at 18 weeks again however i had totally forgotten that i had just received a series of several rabies vaccines just weeks and days prior to this test...now im scared my 18th week hiv test might have had false results due to all of those vaccines messing with my immune system :/

anyone know if series of rabies shots would cause false negative or delay hiv window?

Mostu
08-04-18, 09:32
I just read your post to my uncle who's a head surgeon in his hospital. He said that there is no risk of getting a false result under those circumstances. Heads up!

Samy
08-04-18, 09:34
Thank you so much! so basically the vaccines would not mess with the test results just to clarify ?
haha

Mostu
08-04-18, 09:55
Yeah exactly. He was like "wtf is that question even", but I told him that my health anxious friend is asking. Don't worry!

Samy
08-04-18, 09:56
haha awesome thank you so much, i'll try and calm down!

Samy
10-04-18, 00:02
Okay, so i had a low exposure (saliva / fluids maybe in cut)
i got tested at 4.5 weeks 6 weeks 8 weeks and two more beyond 12 weeks. All negative.

they were rapid tests by insti.

however...now about 5 months after the exposure i've gotten a sore throat and a bumpy rash on my hand!

im so scared to test again and find out im positive :(

any chance this could be late ars? and my tests failed to pick up the antibodies?

Fishmanpa
10-04-18, 00:27
any chance this could be late ars? and my tests failed to pick up the antibodies?

Nope!!!

Positive thoughts

Samy
10-04-18, 00:55
thank you! one more thing, even though i took my last test right after a series of rabies shots? i was afraid those could delay antibodies?

Fishmanpa
10-04-18, 01:20
thank you! one more thing, even though i took my last test right after a series of rabies shots? i was afraid those could delay antibodies?

NOPE!!! (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=216198)

Positive thoughts

Elen
10-04-18, 08:10
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen