PDA

View Full Version : Afraid of tetanus, again

Spooked Rice
08-04-18, 11:16
So, this morning when I was getting breakfast, I was about going to grab a knife and I got punctured by a kinda dirty if not rusty can opener that was in the drawer for some freaking reason, the puncture did not bleed, I kinda panicked at first but I calmed down after, somehow. (I am hypochondriac) I washed it with water and some soap, then applied oxygenated water, then, like 2 hours later or so when I was petting my lovebird I noticed I had like a circle thingie around where I got the puncture, it looked like dried blood or even rust on my skin, I wasnt really sure, but I started sweating and my chest started hurting like hell, the anxiety kicked really hard in there, I had some incidents in the past like these and I just seem to have a trauma about rust or dirty things idk. So, i ran to the bathroom and with some effort the circle thing around the area it got "clean" I did that about twice then applying more oxygenated water into it, then washing it again and applying some alcohol this time, but I still saw nothing bleeding from before, so how did that circle thing appear in there though? I checked my wrist and my forearm and I noticed some REALLY small red dots I've never saw before and it got me even more scared, also I noticed a white line crossing my forearm , I remember that someone told me that if you get tetanus, when it spreads on your body you can see a white string/line on your forearm, I panicked once again and washed again and again (Maybe this is why my hands are so dry after all) I can't really see a wound or an opening, I just saw the circle thing that appeared to be blood or rust I still dont know, it doesnt look red or swollen by now... my last shot was probably 8+ years ago(20 yo atm), or even more, I dont really remember. Even though my Doctor told me that I was fine the last time I had an experience like this, but he doesnt even check me when I'm really sick, I should reconsider seeing another one to be honest... I'll just bump this if allowed if after taking a nap it gets worse or something, thanks for the support, it's my first time on the forum and my english may not be perfect since I'm spanish <3

Bigboyuk
08-04-18, 13:51
Hi Spookyrice and welcome aboard :) Basically if you are in doubt get a tetanus jab to top your immunity up, think they last for 10 years so 8 years in think you are still ok but it wont hurt to get a booster and throw away that rusty can opener, get a new one ATB