PDA

View Full Version : What does an MRI even tell you? Still worried.

Zerox
08-04-18, 20:55
I had my MRI results back last week because of brain tumour fears and they were normal, but I still have odd symptoms. Tingling in my hands and feet, a whooshing sound when I burp and yawn, my ears feel odd when I swallow, and now I have an irregular sound in my left ear that sounds like a bass drum. Would the MRI have picked up cancer in my throat or chest? They didn’t really tell me exactly what they were looking at, but I went because I was scared of a brain tumour.

unsure_about_this
08-04-18, 20:57
I am not an expert I would think it would not pick up cancer in the throat or chest

Fishmanpa
08-04-18, 21:22
An MRI shows detailed soft tissue issues including tumors. That along with physical exams and testing can help determine if there's an issue or further testing is warranted.

Positive thoughts

Emc
09-04-18, 07:15
The fact that after a clean MRI you’ve now switched your worries from brain tumour to a tumour in your throat or chest should tell you that this is anxiety. Not being reassured by investigations is a key point. All of the symptoms you mentioned sound like anxiety to me.

Kingdawson
09-04-18, 09:00
I had my MRI results back last week because of brain tumour fears and they were normal, but I still have odd symptoms. Tingling in my hands and feet, a whooshing sound when I burp and yawn, my ears feel odd when I swallow, and now I have an irregular sound in my left ear that sounds like a bass drum. Would the MRI have picked up cancer in my throat or chest? They didn’t really tell me exactly what they were looking at, but I went because I was scared of a brain tumour.
It tells you that you are perfectly fine and there isn't anything at all wrong with your brain besides anxiety.