PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to not gain weight on this med?

Ethansmom
09-04-18, 16:57
I'm scared to try it. My doctor said if I get worse this may help. I just don't want to develop diabetes and gain a ton of weight. I do some form of exercise every day. Am I just definitely going to gain weight on this med?

Elen
09-04-18, 17:55
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1760556#post1760556

Please read the below post from Admin. You are posting about a lot of different things frequently. Perhaps start a thread where you can keep all of your worries in one place.

Can posters, especially those who are posting a lot about a variety of fears please confine their posts to one thread.

This helps others to build up a clear picture of what is happening and makes it easier to offer suitable advice.

You may not see the pattern but usually it is there, especially if you are posting frequently about different things.

Your co-operation with this would be greatly appreciated.

Elen

ana
09-04-18, 20:55
Nope. :)

If you consume the same amount of calories and continue exercising the way you are now, there shouldn't be any change to your weight, especially if the dose of Seroquel is low... which it most certainly will be seeing as you're not using it to treat a psychosis.

Ethansmom
09-04-18, 21:53
Thanks, anna! Anyone else have experience with weight gain/ or no weight gain?

mark.clarke
12-04-18, 10:34
I been on quetiapine 300mg about 2 years, I heard the stories of people putting on weight but I tried them anyway, best meds I been on for racing thoughts ever. And answer to your question is NO I have not put weight on , but I do get the feeling it would be easy too if not disaplined what I eat.

Ethansmom
15-04-18, 16:40
Thank you mark clarke! Do you find it difficult to exercie on this med. meaning does it make you so sedated you cant exercise? Right now in am totally dependent on klonopin :-(