PDA

View Full Version : Terrified of MND/Hand Injury

telltheking
09-04-18, 18:16
Hi all,

Its been a very long time since I have been on here because my anxiety has been great over the last few years.

I am a bit worried about an injury to my hand and that it could be something neurological like Motor Neurone Disease.

The top of my hand feels like a muscle is tearing between the thumb and forefinger when i make a fist and stretch it. It doesn't impact my daily life at all it is just uncomfortable when it happens. I have no idea how it happened but I lift weights at the gym regularly. I also never where gloves and even when its freezing cold my hands go completely stiff because of it, so wondering if that impacted it. It could even be an RSI from writing on the school whiteboard (I am a history teacher) or from typing.

I genuinely think its a muscle/tendon injury, but cant shake the feeling something awful is wrong with me. I dont really feel any loss of power which is the main MND symptom I think and actually I have been lifting heavier weights at the gym recently.

I think I just need some reassurance that I am ok and this board used to help me a lot when my anxiety was worse

Kingdawson
09-04-18, 19:13
Lifting heavier weights whilst having MND?

telltheking
09-04-18, 19:26
Yes I know it is daft. I am not sure why I can't get it out of my head.

Josh1234
09-04-18, 22:55
None of your post has anything to do with MND, like at all.