PDA

View Full Version : Feeling worse after taking a nap??

Panda22
09-04-18, 18:25
Everytime after i take a nap during the day, even just 10mins, i get up and feel so spaced out, foggy and kinda weird for hours. It makes me anxious to feel like that. I just don't feel focussed and alert, if that makes sense.

Should i just give up taking naps at all? Same thing happens when i sleep for too long, or wake up and then snooze to sleep longer. I get that same feeling, just feel out of it for the next few hours...

The problem is just that my head feels weird after a nap or after sleeping too long. I dont know a quick fix to get rid of this..

Can anyone relate??

jrcoleman
09-04-18, 18:35
I can relate. As a matter of fact I am going through that right this minute. I was really tired so I laid down for half an hour and now I feel spacey, a bit confused and slightly anxious. I don't get it, I thought rest was supposed to be good for you. I do also notice my sinuses are more stuffed up way inside (not too noticeable), I wonder if the reasoning is behind that instead? Maybe laying with my head back congested my sinuses and now I am feeling sinus grogginess?

Panda22
09-04-18, 18:46
I can relate. As a matter of fact I am going through that right this minute. I was really tired so I laid down for half an hour and now I feel spacey, a bit confused and slightly anxious. I don't get it, I thought rest was supposed to be good for you. I do also notice my sinuses are more stuffed up way inside (not too noticeable), I wonder if the reasoning is behind that instead? Maybe laying with my head back congested my sinuses and now I am feeling sinus grogginess?

Yes exactly this. I don't understand how other people feel refreshed from taking a nap?

Fishmanpa
09-04-18, 19:10
Not unusual at all. I had a rough weekend physically and didn't sleep well. I took a nap on both Saturday and Sunday and still felt like crap. That being said, I've had awesome naps at other times :shrug:

Positive thoughts

Capercrohnj
09-04-18, 19:48
It depends on if you actually entered REM sleep or not. If you wake up without going into REM (which takes a while to get into) you will feel more tired.

lmcc87
09-04-18, 20:16
Sometimes after naps I feel a whole lot worse almost feel like I'm still asleep or hungover.

Scass
09-04-18, 21:12
I hate falling asleep in the day, I always wake up feeling ill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

katniss
10-04-18, 02:16
One of the posters is right - you need to complete your sleep cycle to feel refreshed. But most of us either sleep too little or oversleep during our naps. Also, it is so common to feel groggy after a nap. I get really congested and wake with a strange headache and taste in my mouth. I feel weird for a few hours after a nap - sucks!