PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety back after 3yrs ....

Dizzydoll
09-04-18, 20:18
I suffer with terrible anxiety mainly over my husband and him leaving me, I've had my anxiety under control for over 3 yes with the help of citalopram. Me n hubby had an argument a week ago n now for some reason all my anxiety symptoms have came bk tight chest, obsessive thoughts, can't settle, no appetite, wierd head feelings, n just can't settle, hate being on my own. Now hubby has told me he's going out Friday n I just can't cope, is anyone else like this at all?

ana
09-04-18, 20:52
Me!! I get really bad thoughts about my relationship, I get fearful that my partner is going to leave me and I'm so sensitive and insecure, despite him never giving me a reason to doubt him or his commitment to me.
My therapist tells me it's just separation anxiety. Talking to your husband might help, getting some reassurance from him might make all the difference to the way you're feeling right now.

Dizzydoll
10-04-18, 10:19
My husband knows how I feel, but he don't understand why he thinks i should be able to switch it off. He's going out Friday right after work so literally won't see him until he comes home that night, I'm a nervous wreck n will b hurrendous by Friday...I just can't settle it's horrible

ana
10-04-18, 10:37
I'm sure the anticipation of it will be worse than the actual thing on Friday. Try and keep yourself occupied, or go out yourself if you can, have a friend over or do something to pass the time.

Dizzydoll
10-04-18, 11:19
What anxiety symptoms do u get?

ana
10-04-18, 14:51
Probably the same as you: I can't stop worrying, my mind races a mile a minute, my heart rate quickens, I can't settle down and feel the need to text my partner all the time. Over time, though, I've learnt how to relax more. My boyfriend will text me a few times while he's out, and I'll keep telling myself that nothing bad is happening. I usually arrange to see a friend while he's gone or I watch a film or keep busy with work. Distractions help lots. :)