PDA

View Full Version : Starting to feel stronger everyday

Danielle1995
10-04-18, 14:25
So I have been suffering with intrusive thoughts which have led to my anxiety becoming quite bad over the last week or so I have started feeling like I am getting back to my normal self and feeli9ng like I can even cope one day without feeling panicky or like I want to run away.

Im feeling stronger everyday because of this and feel like I can do this now !

MyNameIsTerry
11-04-18, 05:33
Well done, Danielle! :yesyes::yahoo:

The more your subconscious learns that these thoughts are not going to get the negative response the fear cycle requires, and any compulsions, to tick the final box in the cycle the more it will stop sending them.

It's just like with panic attacks in that if you panic you just create more panic and tip yourself over into an attack. As well as reinforcing the importance that what caused this needs to be feared going forward.

Once you get out of intrusive thoughts, like I did, you look back and know the truth about it all.

You may have blips but remember you have started coming out of this so you can do it again and blips are short term. If something spikes your anxiety levels, intrusive thoughts tend to spike too. The more you recover the more this will stop bothering you though, it did with mine, and I'm yet to come across anyone who goes/went through intrusive thoughts who didn't find increased anxiety spiked them and decreased anxiety reduced them.

Once I shifted to working on my GAD, my primary disorder, the OCD started fading naturally and the rest I could work on. The constant 24/7 of feeling anxious fed my OCD.