View Full Version : Long lasting twitch?

BazB44
10-04-18, 16:37
I know we all get twitches and shaky when nervous, but does anyone get a twitch in a certain area that lasts a long time? The past few days ive had a twitch in my forearm that wont go away, though it does come and go...its the exact same spot. Im also pretty shaky too with my hands and fingers, but its the one spot twitch that bugs me. Anyone had same issue?

Pmrr
10-04-18, 17:18
I had that. Started with a twitch in my bicep for a week or two, it’s now spread throughout my whole body and I twitch everywhere 24/7!!! It’s probably been about 7 or 8 weeks now.

Carys
10-04-18, 17:45
Yes, for the last two years I've had benign twitching in major muscle groups and minor. To me it is linked to hormonal changes, exhaustion and stress. For a few days it could be three muscles in different areas of the body, then a few days later it switches to another few. Some days they aren't there at all, and others it feels like its going on all over the place. Last week, a muscle in my left leg above my knee cap twitched for days.

nivekc251
10-04-18, 18:56
Yup all the time. Twitches come and go just try to relax stay hydrated and get enough rest.

Street40
10-04-18, 19:21
Nearly 6 weeks in left bicep, getting used to it now. Damaged nerve in neck my chiropractor thinks, treatments are helping but still not totally gone. Try and relax and ignore if yiu can.

BazB44
10-04-18, 21:10
damaged nerve in neck? I went to a chiro last year and he told me I had a "straight neck", no curve in my neck. But the chiro wasn't able to answer any questions about symptoms. I once thought that maybe my symptoms were coming from that, but im doubting it.

tan235
10-04-18, 21:26
Try one year in both eyes ...... that's annoying, I've had twitches everywhere, sometimes only for a day sometimes for 4 days and now an eye twitch that comes and goes for 1 year ...... so you're ok ;)

BazB44
10-04-18, 21:34
I always thought the eye twitch was different than body muscle twitches. ive had eye twitches last for weeks also

tan235
10-04-18, 23:15
I think its the same ... muscles firing for watever reason... I'm not sure though - you've made me question that ... wait .. I"ll google!!!! ;)

---------- Post added at 22:15 ---------- Previous post was at 21:54 ----------

Apparently they are the same... muscles or nerves, but my eye twitch is muscle as I can physically make my eye twitch by poking it. ha ha

BazB44
11-04-18, 00:21
You get those movement twitches? Like if i put a particular body part in a certain position, it twitches.

Josh1234
11-04-18, 03:55
I've been twitching head to toe for 2 years

tan235
11-04-18, 10:11
You know, I twitched more when I had high anxiety about twitching, for a while I thought I had ALS -I, seriously twitched everywhere and I'd get new really strong twitches in certain positions and I could see them like palpitations under my skin and I'd freak out and move - they would stop and they would start somewhere else. I got them mainly on the sole of my foot. I was checked out by a neurologist and I was fine - he said lots of things cause twitches and thinking about twitches causes twitches ;)

Kingdawson
11-04-18, 10:42
Eyelid twitch for nearly 3 months crew.

Other then that the longest i ever had a hotspot twitch was a few hours on my arm. My twitches usually last a second and hit various body parts...not annoying at all.

Also ive noticed my twitches have dramatically decreased since taking CBD oil. Don't know why.

---------- Post added at 10:42 ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 ----------

Btw the twitch/rumble i sometimes get on my ass cheek actually feels quite pleasent.