PDA

View Full Version : I'm on new meds

durham2000
16-07-07, 00:13
Hi All, what an amazing site....and sooo many people. Phew!! I guess I need to explain why I'm here.

I've very recently been diagnosed with an underactive thyroid and been prescribed Levothyroxine. It explained a whole heap of things including huge weight gain and tiredness all the time. Being really sluggish with mood swings. So over the last week or so my metabolism has started some kind of upheaval. I'm having huge highs and lows.

Last Sunday evening I had two close friends over and was having a wonderful time. Laughing and feeling great but all of a sudden I just went all hot and clammy, chest pains and felt like I couldn't breath. I was terrified and really felt like I was going to die! Eventually with the reassurance of my friends the symptoms subsided but I was shakey and more than a bit scared. I felt really daft too. My first thought was that I was having a reaction to my medication and made an appointment with my doctor the following morning, he told me there and then that he thought I'd had a panic attack. I've had a few more since then, no particular place or time but everytime I get flashes in my mind of my son (I live alone with my 4 year old) finding me unconscious and having to fend for himself alone in our flat with no one knowing. Again I feel really silly afterwards.

So my question is, is there anyone else here on this medication or is there a link?

Sorry it was so long winded :wacko:

Claire. x

honeybee3939
16-07-07, 10:28
Hi Claire

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Im afraid i have no knowledge of the medication you have been prescribed, but hopefully one of our kind members will be able to help you out.

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxx

trac67
16-07-07, 11:21
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxxx

manmoor
16-07-07, 11:50
Hi Claire,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

nomorepanic
16-07-07, 12:02
Hi Claire

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

I did a search for you but there are no other posts about that medication I am afraid.

Hopefully the two aren't related at all and as the doctor said it was a panic attack.

Lindalou64
16-07-07, 12:38
Hi Claire and welcome Im sure you will get lots of support and info on ya panick I wish ya the best...........Linda x

durham2000
16-07-07, 13:14
Hi, wow, thank you so much for your wonderful and warm welcome.

I have to say that just finding this site has me breathing a little easier and I have to say that after reading some of your posts/articles I actually slept better for the first time in a week!

So BIG THANK YOU!! xx

groovygranny
17-07-07, 08:53
Hello Claire :welcome:to you!

No knowledge on the meds I'm afraid

- but I'm pleased to meet you anyway!

:flowers: