PDA

View Full Version : Panic attack rIghtfield now please help.

thejohnny
10-04-18, 20:24
Hi can anybody help, right now I am having a major panic attack and need some advice and reassurance please.
I have just taken an average sized capsule pill that went down funny and feels like it is stuck in my throat and I can't swallow and feel like I can't breathe properly, my rational mind is saying I'm OK and am breathing and I can swallow but my anxious mind is going into overdrive and thinking something bad is happening. Please can anyone relate.

nomorepanic
10-04-18, 20:27
Try this:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/panicattack

Carys
10-04-18, 20:32
OK, swallow water, drink a good amount. It WILL be gone. It has probably just rubbed the sides of your throat and leaves a feeling that something is there. If you swallowed it with a dry mouth, and not enough fluid, things can stick a little as they go down especially if they are those capsules with the coating that is designed to break down after your stomach.

Carys
11-04-18, 13:13
Ok, hoping everything is ok as you didn't reply ?!

thejohnny
11-04-18, 21:03
Sorry for late reply ,was long night lol. No I didn't choke surprise surprise..... blood panic attacks. I suffer with them a lot but the worst ones are always caused by swallowing issues. You would think as a 40 year old man I'd be able to get a grip but each time there bad I really think oh no something bad is happening. Any way thank you for your quick reply it really helped to reassure me thanks.

Carys
12-04-18, 09:05
Hey, as a 49 year old woman you'd think I would be able to control all of them - sometimes they just take over at times of feeling low and vulnerable. At least you KNEW what it was and dealt with it :D