PDA

View Full Version : Hit head REALLY hard, and scared

Caribou93
11-04-18, 00:49
When I was at work last night, around 10:30 P.M., I hit my head REALLY hard. I was backing up towards an automatic opening door, and I forgot that the doors opened towards me, not the other way. Well, I was backing up and as the door was opening, I literally whacked the back of my skull on the opening door - it literally sounded like my cart that I was carrying could've been the thing that hit the door instead of my head. Like I'm surprised my skull didn't crack. Of course, as soon as it happened I was - and still am freaking out - about having some sort of brain damage/head injury.

The weird thing was though, I didn't feel any pain afterwards, no headache or dizziness, no vomiting, nothing. I was paranoid to fall asleep of course, but I did, and today I don't feel anything. My neck sort of hurts a little, very minor, basically unnoticeable, and my head doesn't hurt, but I'm worried that I have an epidural hematoma. Because, like many people I've known, they think of what happened to Natasha Richardson, and how minor her head injury was and she died. Well my head was hit very hard, and it is scary to me. I keep looking at my pupils, and they're even. I'm just scared to go to sleep again tonight - and it's been about 20.5 hours since I hit my head. Should I go to the emergency room? :unsure:

KK77
11-04-18, 01:07
The weird thing was though, I didn't feel any pain afterwards, no headache or dizziness, no vomiting, nothing. I was paranoid to fall asleep of course, but I did, and today I don't feel anything. My neck sort of hurts a little, very minor, basically unnoticeable, and my head doesn't hurt,

Should I go to the emergency room? :unsure:

You answered your own question. No symptoms, no need to waste your time and others in ER.

You will be fine :shades:

MyNameIsTerry
11-04-18, 01:46
When I was at work last night, around 10:30 P.M., I hit my head REALLY hard. I was backing up towards an automatic opening door, and I forgot that the doors opened towards me, not the other way. Well, I was backing up and as the door was opening, I literally whacked the back of my skull on the opening door - it literally sounded like my cart that I was carrying could've been the thing that hit the door instead of my head. Like I'm surprised my skull didn't crack. Of course, as soon as it happened I was - and still am freaking out - about having some sort of brain damage/head injury.

The weird thing was though, I didn't feel any pain afterwards, no headache or dizziness, no vomiting, nothing. I was paranoid to fall asleep of course, but I did, and today I don't feel anything. My neck sort of hurts a little, very minor, basically unnoticeable, and my head doesn't hurt, but I'm worried that I have an epidural hematoma. Because, like many people I've known, they think of what happened to Natasha Richardson, and how minor her head injury was and she died. Well my head was hit very hard, and it is scary to me. I keep looking at my pupils, and they're even. I'm just scared to go to sleep again tonight - and it's been about 20.5 hours since I hit my head. Should I go to the emergency room? :unsure:

But do they also think about the millions of people each day that bang their heads, many far worse, yet just get a bump and that's it?