PDA

View Full Version : I feel like I’m actually bringing on my own symptoms.

Zerox
11-04-18, 12:07
I have what is hopefully just a chest infection, so naturally I’m looking up the symptoms of lung cancer, which leads to me to a page about peripheral neuropathy, which lists the symptom “tingling feet”. I swear moments after reading it, my feet started to tingle and they have done on and off for the last few days now. Do we actually have the ability to make our bodies feel things like that, or should I go and see the doctor again?

ankietyjoe
11-04-18, 13:07
Absolutely true. There is a direct connection between mind and body.

It's also best not to google symptoms, no good can come of it.

unsure_about_this
11-04-18, 14:11
I stopped googing as it confuses me even more.

anom
11-04-18, 14:20
There must be some truth to this

I was reading about my condition (convinced I've got bowel cancer) had some upper bloating and presumed it had spread to my liver. Proceed to read about symptoms of liver metastasis.. Pain.. Itching all over.

Then what happens, i get a pain in my back and start itching all over

I'm about 2 weeks past that now, tried to stop being an idiot.. I barely ever itch now and I only have the ache very very occasionally which I think / hope is gas.

Kingdawson
11-04-18, 16:34
I read about frequent urination a while back randomly and literally a few minutes later i kept having the urge to pee which lasted a while.

I read loads about twitches and a week later i started getting body wide twitches.