PDA

View Full Version : Keep feeling dizzy

littleme92
11-04-18, 17:59
Hi all

I was hoping that you would be able to convince me that this is just anxiety.

It has been going on for a few weeks now but I seem to keep going dizzy quite a lot. Sometimes it happens if I look round and move my head fast. Other times when I have been walking and I stop or sit down.

It kind of feels like I am in a lift that's moving. That's the best way to describe it.

I have also been having a terrible headache with it as well. I know it is probably just anxiety but my mind has been racing with all the worst case scenarios, like a brain tumour etc.

I don't want to turn to google because I know that will just make me worry more.

Does anyone else have this symptom or can you just tell me that I am over reacting because it is really worrying me. I have been dizzy in the past with anxiety but not as strong or as frequent as this.

Phuzella
11-04-18, 19:40
Do you get migraines?

littleme92
11-04-18, 21:20
Do you get migraines?

No, at least I don't think so, I sometimes get bad headaches but I don't think I've ever had a migraine.

Phuzella
11-04-18, 22:41
Migraines can make you dizzy, so can anxiety. Maybe go to the doctor and see what they say? :)

littleme92
11-04-18, 23:18
Migraines can make you dizzy, so can anxiety. Maybe go to the doctor and see what they say? :)

Yeah, maybe it is migraines, its just I have a friend that suffers from them and it doesn't sound like what she usually describes. I have an appointment at the doctors in 2 weeks when I am due for my medication review. I will mention it then if it is still really bad.

Though one thing that I forgot to mention is that sometimes it comes over me where I feel like my head is vibrating from the top of my head. I'm not too sure if that is another thing that is associated with migraines.

jray23
15-04-18, 20:42
There are a lot of possible causes that are extremely benign compared to what you're thinking of. A lot come from your ears which are actually really key to keeping balanced. I've been dealing with vestibular neuritis for the last two months, and while it isn't exactly like what you describe as a fellow HA struggler I've imagined all of the bad things many times now. Ask your GP if you should go to an ENT doc for an evaluation if you continue to have these symptoms but don't necessarily panic, even if it isn't just anxiety there are a lot of more likely and less evil possibilities.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

nineteen
16-04-18, 00:57
I am feeling the same as you describe. Happens even when I am just chilling out not feeling anxious. Went to docs and she isn't worried about it. Been going on a few weeks now too

EmmaSwan
16-04-18, 02:13
Dizziness is one of my main anxiety and panic attack symptoms. Sometimes it is very pervasive and will not leave me alone, I've been struggling with it for weeks now - not always constantly, but often. My doctor and psychologist both underscored that it is from my anxiety.

My doctor said when it's ear related, the room normally spins. For me, the dizziness is more like the floor is falling under me or there is a great pressure pushing me down and making me feel lightheaded and unbalanced. It feels like things are moving even when I am sitting still. But I have been assured it is part of anxiety and I am trying to accept that!

Best of luck to you, you can get through this <3