PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety or worse?

lmcc87
11-04-18, 21:40
So on Sunday night I was lying in bed and could hear my heart beating so fast around 180bpm and at that point I had no anxiety but I took decongestant medication about 4 hours before which I put down to the rapid heart rate. It lasted about an hour and I had no anxiety at the time. Last night the exact same thing happened and I had not taken any medication to cause it.. I had smoked and drank caffeine although it never usually has this effect on me. I'm worried now that it's now something more serious and I'm worried that it will happen again. My anxiety in general has been horrendous. I woke up this morning and felt awful, I had plans to attend a counselling session, visit my grandparents and a few other things but instead I stayed at home all day too scared to leave the house. I've been getting twitches all over my body and feeling weak, no concentration and my mood is so low. Getting some tingling and probably every other symptom of anxiety going. I'm trying to convince myself that it is just anxiety but I feel my life is on hold, it's one thing after another with my "health". I was so distraught all day.. well actually the past two months and I am getting really sick of this merry go 'round.

---------- Post added at 21:40 ---------- Previous post was at 18:02 ----------

Anyone?

Fishmanpa
12-04-18, 01:40
I had no anxiety at the time..... My anxiety in general has been horrendous.

Anxiety is like a campfire. When you're in the midst of a spiral the fire is burning bright and hot. When the flames die down, there's still a bed of red hot coals burning away just waiting for some more fuel. You may not feel anxious but your body is still on high alert and has a bed of hot anxiety coals inside just waiting to flare up. Just like a campfire, the hot coals of anxiety take a long time to finally go out.

Positive thoughts

lmcc87
12-04-18, 18:19
Thanks Fishmanpa, That makes alot of sense. Today was a good day. I managed to do some things.. slowly but surely :)