PDA

View Full Version : How fast do cancerous lymph nodes/tumors grow?

z_seroz
01-02-18, 23:06
Hello guys. This is my first post. I know there are many posts like mine..

A few weeks ago I noticed hard immobile lump under my earlobe, and it seems there's a secondary lump on top of it which is palpable (probably a lymph node, my doctor said).

I have been to the doctors and received a blood test which they said was normal.

I have lost over 6 pounds in the course of 2 weeks to a month without trying. I became so scared of having lymphoma that I switched to eating just vegetables and fruits.

When I look in the mirror, my right side of my neck seems slightly not the same (the line going to my ear), but it's not majorly different.

I also had a really sore back, and a few days ago my arm had tingling every time I stretched it out, which made me scared if a tumor was messing with my nerves.

A few days ago I was also extremely nauseous in the mornings for about 3 days, I was tested for the flu and mono and both were negative.

I don't have night sweats and I'm not too fatigued, but I am really tired after college but that's just expected when you sleep 5 hours.

Can someone reassure me in any way possible? Are lymphoma symptoms constant or do they come and go? Please someone help. The doctor told me to not worry so I try not to but there's always doubts. I want to stop focusing on this. It's exhausting.

axolotl
01-02-18, 23:10
I've replied to your duplicate post in 'Symptoms'.

nomorepanic
01-02-18, 23:16
Please don't post duplicate threads.

nomorepanic
01-02-18, 23:27
thread closed.

z_seroz
07-02-18, 17:01
Hey guys. I noticed that my submandibular gland on the right , when I feel it , is noticeably more swollen than the left. I also have a rock hard lump on my right parotid gland between my neck and jaw. Everything I notice is on my right. I also feel a long muscle/tendon in my mouth in the very back under my jaw/tongue, anyone else? It's really hard and long and not on the left side. Anyone? Thanks.

nomorepanic
07-02-18, 17:03
Someone has been googling haven't they :winks:

Elen
07-02-18, 17:05
please add this onto your previous post

nomorepanic
07-02-18, 17:07
I am sure this is related to your previous post as well ......

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213693

z_seroz
10-02-18, 20:34
Hi everyone.
Does anyone else have a rock hard lump under their ear on one side?
It's kind of in that little crevice between your neck muscle and the jaw.
I had some weight loss, not alot maybe 5-10 pounds within 2 months, but I've gained most of it back by eating. At first I had one rock hard pea sized lump in that little crevice. Now, I seem to have one right next to it on the neck muscle. I got a blood test which was normal (i read that lymphoma sometimes is not caught on a blood test), but this blood test was when I only had 1 lump.

Can I just have lumps which are benign pop up randomly? I don't have mono, flu, or any infection that I know of in that area. Really worried. Any help appreciated.

z_seroz
11-02-18, 03:47
Hasn't gone down. It's also immovable

worrywart29
11-02-18, 05:57
I had one in that exact spot. It stayed for about two weeks. I noticed one day it was gone. It was hard and I couldn’t move it.

z_seroz
11-02-18, 06:53
I had one in that exact spot. It stayed for about two weeks. I noticed one day it was gone. It was hard and I couldn’t move it.

That makes me feel so much better. Were you sick?

z_seroz
11-02-18, 18:32
Still same size today. Can't tell if it's getting bigger.

worrywart29
11-02-18, 20:39
That makes me feel so much better. Were you sick?

No I wasn’t sick. At least I didn’t feel sick. Maybe something was going on inside my body that I wasn’t aware of. It freaked me out too. I started googling and became a complete mess. I just knew it had to be something life threatening but turned out it wasn’t. I hope the same for you.

z_seroz
11-02-18, 20:54
No I wasn’t sick. At least I didn’t feel sick. Maybe something was going on inside my body that I wasn’t aware of. It freaked me out too. I started googling and became a complete mess. I just knew it had to be something life threatening but turned out it wasn’t. I hope the same for you.

Wow l really hope I'm the same case. My blood test was normal so idk if I had an infection? Hope this goes away..

z_seroz
12-02-18, 02:55
I noticed today the hearing in my right ear seems clogged. No pain though. Could be related?

worrywart29
12-02-18, 04:47
Definitely. The nodes in that area could swell with problems involving the ear.

z_seroz
13-02-18, 02:26
Got an ultrasound on Wednesday. Really nervous..

---------- Post added at 02:26 ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 ----------

Not an ultrasound. My bad. I'm going back to the doctor. This time a different one, and I'm going to try to get an ultrasound.

z_seroz
16-02-18, 17:11
Welp, went to the doctor. She took a urine test and said no diabetes. They took another blood test and I'm getting those results on Monday to see if I have an overactive thryoid for the weight loss..

She said she couldn't feel the nodes but I obviously feel multiple hard nodes. It's so hard to trust the doctor when you can OBVIOUSLY feel the nodes and they DON'T move at all, and they are HARD. Then she proceeded to tell me I need anxiety meds. This pissed me off, because I felt she wasn't take this seriously. I just need an ultrasound..

---------- Post added at 17:11 ---------- Previous post was at 17:10 ----------

I keep eating and eating and I can't gain weight anymore as well. I have pains in my groin nodes and armpit nodes.. there is still a rock hard node under my ear and my neck is clearly not symmetrical. I don't know what to do.

Fishmanpa
16-02-18, 17:55
Welp, went to the doctor. She took a urine test and said no diabetes. They took another blood test and I'm getting those results on Monday to see if I have an overactive thryoid for the weight loss..

She said she couldn't feel the nodes but I obviously feel multiple hard nodes. It's so hard to trust the doctor when you can OBVIOUSLY feel the nodes and they DON'T move at all, and they are HARD. Then she proceeded to tell me I need anxiety meds. This pissed me off, because I felt she wasn't take this seriously. I just need an ultrasound.

I'm not surprised at all by what the doctor said and frankly, I'll take the word of the trained medical profession over the skewed perceptions of someone suffering from anxiety any day. I think you should take that advice and also seek real life professional help for your HA.

Positive thoughts

z_seroz
17-02-18, 18:39
I don't need anxiety meds. The minute I find out I don't have a malignant growth my anxiety will go away, it's that simple. The issue is finding that out..

The lump seems same in size. It seems to change in size slightly (or maybe I'm imagining that) throughout the day. I keep losing weight and I keep trying to eat more food but I can't gain weight. I'm losing slight weight everyday it seems. I visibly look more skinny. My neck is not symmetrical in the mirror.

Fishmanpa
17-02-18, 18:48
I don't need anxiety meds.

Then may I ask, why are you here? :shrug:

FMP

z_seroz
17-02-18, 19:14
Then may I ask, why are you here? :shrug:

FMP

To hopefully find people who have the same thing as me..

Fishmanpa
17-02-18, 19:17
To hopefully find people who have the same thing as me..

The entire forum has the same thing as you in one form or another.

Positive thoughts

z_seroz
17-02-18, 19:49
The entire forum has the same thing as you in one form or another.

Positive thoughts

It seems most people here say they have movable nodes that are small and pea sized. Like I said, mine are non-movable and rock hard which worries me.

Fishmanpa
17-02-18, 20:22
Welp, went to the doctor. She said she couldn't feel the nodes ...she proceeded to tell me I need anxiety meds.

Positive thoughts

jojo2316
17-02-18, 21:59
To be fair Z, you are reading from the text book script of someone with a health anxiety disorder. If you had pathological nodes the doctor WOULD have been able to feel them.

z_seroz
21-02-18, 05:11
Lump under ear getting a little bigger. Can't hear well out of right ear. Found a palpable node near the bottom of my neck in the clavicle. Not good.. anyone have this or just me??

becca98
21-02-18, 11:12
Lump under ear getting a little bigger. Can't hear well out of right ear. Found a palpable node near the bottom of my neck in the clavicle. Not good.. anyone have this or just me??

It’s going to get bigger if you keep touching it, that’s what I’ve learned from lymph nodes, leave it alone a couple days if you can and I’m sure it’ll go down [emoji3]

As for clavicle if you had to go looking I’m really sure it’s nothing, I have all sorts in that area little veins, you will know when something is swollen!

z_seroz
21-02-18, 20:06
I really don't poke hard. I just rub my finger down the lump to check it but I don't push on it . It's not going down and it seems more are coming..

---------- Post added at 20:06 ---------- Previous post was at 16:31 ----------

Seems everyone on this forum that posts about lymph nodes have movable and soft ones? Mine is really hard and I visibly see a difference in the location of my clavicle node.

becca98
22-02-18, 01:38
Honestly we can’t feel your neck or tell you what it is or what’s going on, if you’ve been to a professional then that opinion should count more than anyone on here!

Really hope you feel better soon and can put this behind you lymph nodes are so annoying when you are anxious about your health

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

z_seroz
22-02-18, 13:28
Hi everyone. Just a quick question on a new issue. I've had a hard swollen lymph node for over a month and had really no other symptoms. I woke up today with a sore throat. Could they be related? I was worried of lymphoma but now that I have a sore throat it seems it caused the node. On the other hand, can I be having a sore throat because I have a sinister node? Any input appreciated.

eminence
22-02-18, 13:44
Nodes can swell up for quite a while before you actually start to feel sick.

nomorepanic
22-02-18, 15:26
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Fishmanpa
22-02-18, 20:07
Try putting a warm cloth on it to see if it breaks down. Could be a calcium deposit or even a benign cyst (I get them on my neck and when they get big have to get them drained). Probably nothing to worry about.

From earlier in the thread...

Welp, went to the doctor. She said she couldn't feel the nodes but I obviously feel multiple hard nodes. It's so hard to trust the doctor when you can OBVIOUSLY feel the nodes and they DON'T move at all, and they are HARD. Then she proceeded to tell me I need anxiety meds. This pissed me off, because I felt she wasn't take this seriously. I just need an ultrasound.

Positive thoughts

z_seroz
23-02-18, 04:57
From earlier in the thread...

Positive thoughts

A steaming hot shower does not make it go down. Nothing does. It seems as if its getting better. A biopsy is the only thing that will make me rest. I want to know what is wrong, but I don't think I could handle the results. It makes me not want to do anything at all. The lump does not have a good feeling to it honestly.

Shimmy81
23-02-18, 11:16
Ive had those hard lumps you speak of behind the ears, alomost like they are behind the ear lobe. They come and go and have had this happen for many years. Happens on both sides and I fact came back last week.

I think they are absolutely nothing to worry about, like all other members on here are saying. Try to forget about it as the more you think about them the more you will spiral and other symptoms will arise because of your anxiety.

Bottom line is they are nothing serious or too worry about.

z_seroz
26-02-18, 03:32
Hi everyone. I noticed my submandibular gland (the one in the back of your mouth under your tongue) is hard. It feels like a tendon/muscle and somewhat long. Can this be a muscle in my mouth? I only feel it on one side. There isn't any pain in my mouth but this long tendon thing is really worrying me because it doesn't feel right at all. I also have a hard lymph node under my ear which hasn't went down in almost 2 months.

nomorepanic
26-02-18, 16:38
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

becca98
26-02-18, 16:41
Stop touching your neck lol!! Everything will be okay, you’ve had it checked out :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

z_seroz
26-02-18, 20:36
Thanks becca98!
Im feeling better. I had a sore throat and lost my voice and was really congested and my neck swelled on the right a bit. It seems better, no pain or anything. The lump under my ear hasn't gotten bigger. Seems a bit smaller but still rock hard and not movable.

What I am worried about too is my salivary gland (I think, not a doctor) is rock hard under my tongue in the back of my mouth. Almost feels like a tendon or something. I also always crack my jaw on the right, maybe I irritated a muscle in my mouth and now it's permanently enlarged..

z_seroz
10-03-18, 03:12
Been to about 4 doctors so far all have not been worried. At most I've done just a blood test which all were normal. I am not worried really anymore.

The lump is still there. I started taking hemp oil and it seems to have shrunk barely. I'm going to keep the oil intake. Hopefully the lump goes away completely.

I now realize that I've been worrying for about 2.5 months, so if it was something serious I would've known by now be it either from night sweats, more huge lumps, etc. But nothing. I'm thankful.

OakTrees
10-03-18, 08:48
You're a bit ill z_seroz. i.e. you have a cold. You also have pretty severe health anxiety, but nothing else. The docs know their stuff.

Take this from someone who's been convinced they've had: a brain tumour, bowel cancer, heart defect, testicular cancer, brain damage and is constantly convinced they're about to go blind or deaf. Hope I haven't given you too many ideas. All the best.

z_seroz
10-03-18, 21:45
You're a bit ill z_seroz. i.e. you have a cold. You also have pretty severe health anxiety, but nothing else. The docs know their stuff.

Take this from someone who's been convinced they've had: a brain tumour, bowel cancer, heart defect, testicular cancer, brain damage and is constantly convinced they're about to go blind or deaf. Hope I haven't given you too many ideas. All the best.

Thanks. I don't feel ill though lol. I'm accepting that it's just gonna stay probably.

z_seroz
16-03-18, 15:46
- Hard lump under ear
- Hard tendon like structure where my right side sub mandibular gland is in my mouth
- Hearing in right ear is muffled
- Clavical lymph node can be felt and hard
- Stomach pains left side sometimes
- Sublingual gland lumpy/firm on the right
- Dull pain in the parotid gland

Elen
16-03-18, 15:50
Hi

Elen

z_seroz
16-03-18, 16:27
Hi

Elen
And now its lost in the thread..

Elen
16-03-18, 16:30
But others get to see part of your post history to explain where your fears come from.

There are other posts on the same subjects that have not been merged but people should also check them out before replying.

Elen

z_seroz
18-03-18, 15:43
Starting to get arm pit pain and what feels like a small pea under my arm pit. I constantly feel hot. And at night I wake up hot and kinda sweaty. Nobody will probably see this because of the rules here..

Fishmanpa
18-03-18, 16:26
Nobody will probably see this because of the rules here..

Just acknowledging it as it popped to the top of the list and will be seen. Still not cancer though :winks:

FMP

z_seroz
30-03-18, 01:01
Still have the lump , really bothering me :/
Few days ago I went to the bathroom and there was so much blood in the toilet bowl and my napkin. I also have a weird skin/lump on the roof of my mouth now. Hearing loss in my right ear. Hard lump under right ear. No night sweats, no weight loss.

z_seroz
11-04-18, 19:17
Hi guys, I have had this hard lump under my ear which seems to grow and shrink (which makes me think it's not cancer). I'm just wondering how fast do these things grow, if it were cancer? I'm not really scared if it is cancer, I just want to know if i should be worried. Been to the doctor like 6 times and each one was a different doctor who wasn't concerned. Do these grow over months? Weeks? It's very hard and feels like a hard rubber ball or something.

ankietyjoe
11-04-18, 20:16
If your Doctor(s) aren't worried, it's not something you need to be worrying about or researching.

Elen
11-04-18, 20:19
Hi

Elen

Leslie735
11-04-18, 21:33
I'm curious myself as I have a node on my neck that has been there since January (at least thats when I noticed it).

z_seroz
12-10-18, 21:27
UPDATE

I finally got the nerve to get an MRI done. Got the results yesterday.
The hard lymph node I am feeling is my SPINE. I probably had an injury when I was younger ( I remember a neck injury I had that made me not able to move my neck for days ). And the bone is just poking out farther than the other one.

The MRI did not find any abnormalities, even though I insisted there was something wrong. I am safe to say this is a closed chapter and I can finally move on with my life.

Been worrying for almost a whole year about an issue that hasn't gotten worse. If you have any issues like this I URGE you to go get a scan done to get over the fear. I was too scared to get a scan because I did not want to go through surgeries, treatments, etc. But doctors nowadays can fix almost everything!

I am forever grateful that there is nothing wrong with me. I know how hard it is to worry about these issues, it consumes you everyday. Please get it checked and get over the fears.

Mocky444
16-10-18, 15:23
My lympth nodes have got bigger over the course of 3 years since inwas diagonosed with leaukemia... Neck, groin and armpits.. Lots over my ribs too.. So it takes a while for these to grow if chronic

Fishmanpa
16-10-18, 15:50
UPDATE...I finally got the nerve to get an MRI done. Got the results yesterday.
The hard lymph node I am feeling is my SPINE.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEhn4cUhL3PsSV4aI/giphy.gif

Courtesy of your friendly neighborhood 'Told Ya So Gang' :)

Positive thoughts

z_seroz
16-10-18, 20:14
https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEhn4cUhL3PsSV4aI/giphy.gif

Courtesy of your friendly neighborhood 'Told Ya So Gang' :)

Positive thoughts
I was waiting for this post :D