PDA

View Full Version : Weird pins and needles in arms chest and neck up to chin-heart?

ColdHands
12-04-18, 01:12
I was driving home from work today (I have a 45 min commute) and I started having this odd tingling in my arms, chest everywhere. I've had this before when I have an anxiety attack or when my blood pressure spikes (I am trying to get thyroid dosage right and my BP has been a little weird). I've had lots of stress since January (if you have been following me) and things got better and I was feeling good, but then this BP thing started.

So back to the tingling. When I took my BP (still in the car outside an appt) it was normal as was the pulse. I felt distracted in my appt, tired, like I had to go to sleep right then. The tingling/pins and needles lasted through my appt and until I got home and got out of my clothes and sat in my chair to relax.

Normally I wouldn't even connect this with a heart attack, but while in the parking lot I looked up why I would have this and it said it was a symptom of a heart attack. I didn't have any other symptoms of heart attack. No shortness of breath (Though I did feel like I was suffering from air hunger on the way home) I have had pain over my left chest off and on, but it goes away when I take tylenol. I was having this chest pain in 2015 before my Thyroidectomy and they gave me a nuclear stress test that was normal. My BP is usually pretty well controlled. So now I am wondering if this sudden spike in blood pressure and this other symptom is cardiac related. I haven't had a cardiac test since 2015. I think I had an EKG after that but I can't recall, but either way they were all normal. I can usually illicit the cardiac pain by stretching my neck.

So I'm wondering if it was anxiety. But I wasn't feeling anxious when I was driving, I was actually in a good mood. I got off work early and I was going to get my nails done. Lovely day here too. So I just don't know what is going on. I'm trying not to let my anxiety get the best of me. You hear all the time that women have atypical heart attack symptoms. I didn't go to the ER, one because I hate that place, and two I just was afraid. I truly don't think it was a heart attack deep down, or I probably would have called 911. But I am wondering if its symptoms of something worse. I am wondering since I had a nuclear stress test three years ago if it could have changed that quickly. I know they say that every two years is the time frame. But I think that is for people with current cardiac disease. Thoughts?

---------- Post added at 20:12 ---------- Previous post was at 20:09 ----------

and I keep reading that BP isn't an indicator of heart attack, though that is the first thing they do to you in the ER. I just don't get it.