PDA

View Full Version : Worried about MND - weak feeling in big tow

RadioGaGa
12-04-18, 14:00
Hi everyone

I know you’ll all know me from my brain tumour fears but recently I noticed when I tried to wiggle my big toe on my right foot, it felt as if it was weak. And I couldn’t do it as quickly as I could with my left big toe. I tried to link this to brain tumour, but as there was no numbness I ruled this out.

So I began to worry it’s ALS related - a fear I had some six years ago before brain tumour.

I can wiggle the big toe as quick as on the left foot mostly, but sometimes it just feels weaker and won’t move as quickly.

Any ideas? I tried all the foot strength tests and passed

KK77
12-04-18, 14:18
Are you on meds or getting any help/therapy for your HA?

Your 'symptoms' sound normal to me. It's just that you're hypervigilant and focusing on your movements.

Kingdawson
12-04-18, 15:44
Hi everyone

I know you’ll all know me from my brain tumour fears but recently I noticed when I tried to wiggle my big toe on my right foot, it felt as if it was weak. And I couldn’t do it as quickly as I could with my left big toe. I tried to link this to brain tumour, but as there was no numbness I ruled this out.

So I began to worry it’s ALS related - a fear I had some six years ago before brain tumour.

I can wiggle the big toe as quick as on the left foot mostly, but sometimes it just feels weaker and won’t move as quickly.

Any ideas? I tried all the foot strength tests and passed

How in any way is this even remotley linked to ALS in your mind? I mean how have you convinced yourself of this?

RadioGaGa
12-04-18, 15:58
It’s because it felt weak and I wasn’t able to wiggle it as rapidly and had to stop because the foot muscle felt strained. I’ve also noticed it with some other movements on this foot. Sometimes normal (depending on the angle of my foot).

Only thing I can see online linked to ALS is foot drop, which I don’t have. But maybe this is the start of foot drop?? Muscles wasting?

Fishmanpa
12-04-18, 16:06
RGG,

Respectfully, NO! You're exhibiting a classic HA behaviour of hyper-focusing on a "normal" body function and turning it into something to feed your anxiety.

Positive thoughts

Kingdawson
12-04-18, 16:24
It’s because it felt weak and I wasn’t able to wiggle it as rapidly and had to stop because the foot muscle felt strained. I’ve also noticed it with some other movements on this foot. Sometimes normal (depending on the angle of my foot).

Only thing I can see online linked to ALS is foot drop, which I don’t have. But maybe this is the start of foot drop?? Muscles wasting?
The muscle felt strained...ok so maybe a strained muscle?

What you described isnt even remotley similar to foot drop. The start of foot drop? What? Sort your anxiety out.

RadioGaGa
12-04-18, 19:59
Its just strange because when I try to wiggle the toes on the right foot I can't do it as quickly as I can on the left foot. I've noticed this for about a week.

I do the leg press at the gym so I was wondering could that have injured me somehow? But I don't think so.

Spiraling between the start of foot drop/ALS and Glioblastoma :( :(

KK77
12-04-18, 20:11
Are you on meds or getting any help/therapy for your HA?

Your 'symptoms' sound normal to me. It's just that you're hypervigilant and focusing on your movements.

I asked you a question :lac:

RadioGaGa
12-04-18, 20:29
Sorry KK77 ... I was rx Sertraline by the GP but I didn't want to "give in" and take it (a typical response, I know)

I wish I could beat this without the meds :(

Josh1234
12-04-18, 20:52
Doesn't seem like you are, so take the meds.

Emc
12-04-18, 20:56
Oh dear. Sweetheart this is classic health anxiety & not remotely suggestive of a brain tumour or ALS. Even if your big toe is a little weak (which I would guess it actually isn’t & that you’re just focusing too much on it) it still doesn’t reflect nastiness at all. I agree with the others - you really need to get on top of your anxiety & there is no shame in taking medication to help you with that. X

KK77
12-04-18, 22:27
Sorry KK77 ... I was rx Sertraline by the GP but I didn't want to "give in" and take it (a typical response, I know)

I wish I could beat this without the meds :(

Sertraline worked well for me. I would give it go - what have you got to lose by trying?

Have to take some action to control your HA.

nivekc251
13-04-18, 07:17
Medicine and therapy helps. There is no shame in either.:yesyes: you can beat this !

Josh1234
13-04-18, 19:53
Notice the poster disappeared when we suggest they take their meds.