PDA

View Full Version : Numb tongue and lip

megan91
12-04-18, 18:17
Last week my wisdom tooth started growing in and got infected. I took antibiotics and it feels better now. But now, my tongue is all numb on the wisdom tooth side along with my bottom right lip. My bottom right lip also will not move the same as the left side. Earlier this week the lip was twitching along with my lower right eye. The twitching has stopped but now the lip is numb and the eye feels weird, almost like something is in it or my lower eyelid is paralyzed. Idk if the anxiety is also making me think something is wrong with my vision.

I'm terrified this is all neurological and not wisdom tooth related. Going to the dentist later today.

---------- Post added at 13:17 ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 ----------

I'm like convinced it's bells palsy. Too many symptoms.

Eye feels dry and weird.
Mild smile unevenness and lip feels numb.
Numb tongue on one side with decreased sense of taste.

Greatttttt. Freaking out. Do not want to spend money on ER if that is the case.

AMomentofClarity
12-04-18, 18:19
It sounds to me like you got relief from your lymph node fears, so now you’ve moved on to a new illness. Classic health anxiety.

megan91
12-04-18, 18:26
I am not disagreeing with you there. I do have health anxiety on and off. I'm definitely ON right now. But my lymph node was related to what is going on now.

But there is definite smile unevenness. Not like my face is melting but it's there. My husband who is a nurse and soon to be nurse practitioner, who gets FED UP with my health anxiety, will even admit it looks a little weird. So since I have HA, just ignore it?

AMomentofClarity
12-04-18, 18:38
I wouldn’t say ignore it just because you have HA. If it’s that concerning to you and your husband, by all means run it by a doctor.
But, the worst thing you can do is start googling and diagnose yourself with things like Bell’s palsy.

megan91
12-04-18, 21:31
I didn't even have to google to think of Bell's Palsy. Facial asymmetry that wasn't there before brings stroke, tumor or Bell's palsy to my mind immediately. Now out of those 3, I'll take the Bell's Palsy lol. But I think it's that cause the symptoms match and were there before I was anxious and just blamed it on the antibiotic or tooth.

But my only option today is ER and well I never go to the ER. Because 1.) $$$$ 2.) I don't think it's emergent since I feel like if it was a stroke, I'd be dead by now. Can't go to the doctor tomorrow so I'm stuck.

---------- Post added at 16:31 ---------- Previous post was at 13:49 ----------

Went to urgent care, most likely Bell's Palsy. Ugh.

AMomentofClarity
12-04-18, 21:37
There you go. You got a diagnosis and it’s the lesser of the 3 things you were thinking about. What’s the treatment?

megan91
12-04-18, 22:16
10 days of good old steroids. Never have taken any before.

melfish
12-04-18, 22:21
Were you bitten by a tick? Lyme disease can present like that

megan91
12-04-18, 22:31
Nah I doubt it. Not exactly the outdoorsy type plus I haven't been out in months. I really think it was the bad wisdom tooth infection that caused it.

bulan
13-08-19, 23:18
How are you doing now, Megan? I have a numb tongue and lip too, although I haven't had an infection that I'm aware of, and I've had no other trauma or procedure. Just curious how your symptoms are doing, and how your treatment went?