PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety and stairs/exercise.

scot0721
12-04-18, 16:43
I'm usually ok with convincing myself it is all in my head, but the last few weeks I have had a nagging cough. When I walk and when I exercise it just seems I am taking a lot longer to catch my breath and anytime I open my mouth I seem to cough.

Lately I have had a weird phobia of going up flights of stairs but I force myself to do it, but heart beating fast and just takes a long recovery.

I am Obese and I know this is a UK based sight but I am 225lbs so this is probably the issue. I am just typing to just try to calm down and talk it out.

Thank You

Emc
12-04-18, 17:14
I have this at times too. I live in a bungalow which I guess is a good thing but it means stairs can seem like a bigger deal at times. I’m also overweight so it’s to be expected that I get a little breathless at times - anxiety always magnifies that sensation though so it can feel a lot worse & i’be Sometimes had panic attacks because of it.

scot0721
12-04-18, 17:16
I am sorry you go through that too, but it is always good knowing that when I have an issue that I'm not the only one.

swajj
13-04-18, 11:36
If you are obese then that would definitely make it harder to climb stairs. Imaging a 10 pound bag of potatoes. Now imagine climbing up a few flights of stairs carrying it. You are probably carrying more extra weight than that. Also, many people hold their breath when climbing stairs lol. Make sure you aren’t doing that.