PDA

View Full Version : Help

Sillyboo
12-04-18, 17:30
Hi
I'm 40 years old, recently I have noticed I chew the back side of my tongue a lot. Even in my sleep. Yesterday I noticed a bump there. Same bumps on other side but not as big. They are not sore at all. As only at the dentist in Feb 4 times for root canals, he always does a thorough check and noticed nothing only commented he thinks I grind my teeth in my sleep. Anywhoo does anyone have any experience with this? All day today I'm noticing myself trying to bite and suck on that part of my tongue.

lior
12-04-18, 21:06
Hey, no I haven't experienced this specifically, but I think I do things with my mouth all the time without thinking about it/being aware of it. Do you think it's possible that now you're thinking about this, it seems magnified and problematic? If you've always been doing this, and there's been no problems, does it matter?

Sillyboo
13-04-18, 07:45
Hi
Thanks for the reply. It's only been happening for a few weeks. Woke up this morning and was biting it! Think it all started when I had a sore tooth. It's still there not any bigger been reading online it could be a taste bud or lingual tonsil. It's the same colour as my tongue. So worried.