PDA

View Full Version : please help- i felt like i was about to faint

Ethansmom
12-04-18, 17:49
I am here at work sitting at the computer and felt totally faint for a few seconds. I grabbed onto my desk and then a warm rush went up through my head and my heart rate went to 125. What just happened? I'm so scared.

I started an exercise routine this week and worked out this morning. Could there be too much adrenaline flooding my body. Please help me rationalize this. I'm worried that I am going to faint!

Scass
12-04-18, 18:56
It was probably just one of those things. I know it’s hard to hear, but I get them sometimes- where I pretty much have to reach out to steady myself. Usually I try and centre myself & then I go about my day.
Are you worried about anything in particular at the moment?
Is this making you think you have something particular wrong with you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BazB44
12-04-18, 19:12
oh man, yup I get it. I was walking around the mall this morning and started to feel the usual dizzy, faint, collapse feeling like the floor was collapsing or I was walking on a trampoline. Sometimes ill be sitting and feel like im being swayed. Some days I just need to sit or lay down

StephA
12-04-18, 22:39
It’s funny you mentioned this! I’ve had it a few times this week while I was sitting down. My sinuses have been so stuffy! The pollen is horrible where we are so I think allergies can cause it.

roseanxiety
13-04-18, 00:25
I frequently get this when i am especially anxious. It’s scary but harmless i think. I imagine it’s caused by adrenaline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boilergrad13
13-04-18, 00:50
I had something similar happen to me the other day in the grocery store. I was just walking the isles and suddenly I felt like I was going to faint. No reason for this at all, in my opinion. I immediately grabbed onto the shelf and felt the hot rush sensation through my body. Pulse was racing, and I had to leave the store. It only lasted about 3 seconds but it was enough to put a damper on my day (and week for that matter). I ended up with heart palpatations later that day. I had just increased my dose of Buspar the night before so I'm wondering if that had anything to do with it. Either way, very scary, but here I am, over a week later and I'm still kicking!

Seraphexa
13-04-18, 00:57
I sometimes get this when I'm exhausted and have had no sleep yet still try to undertake too much in one day - I think its our bodies way of saying "slow down and take a breather", especially for those of us with anxiety, whose minds are constantly exhausted with anxious thoughts :)

Ethansmom
13-04-18, 01:23
I am going through some marriage issues right now, trying to sell a house, and planning my good friends wedding shower. I also upped my ssri doasge. Also trying to loose about 20 pounds. So its no wonder im stressed and getting dizzy spells. I think i need to take it easy on myself.

doglover1967
13-04-18, 03:25
Had this a few times yesterday (I have it often) and I always freak out even though it’s been happening most of my life. And yes, I was stressed and exhausted so of course it happened. Makes me feel better to see others having the exact same anxiety symptoms. Not that I’d wish it on anyone, but it makes me feel less alone. :grouphug: