PDA

View Full Version : Car scratched and I don't know why!

AnxiousForever
12-04-18, 21:40
I have a collection of scratches at the bottom left back end of my car. It's in the corner so not quite the side and not quite full at the back.

The main issue is that I don't know why and am really worried I hit something without knowing. It wouldn't have been another car whilst parking because the place where I park is a road and I would only reserve near a car behind or in front. I would have to hit another car face/back on rather than turning (plus I always leave massive space).

But I don't know how it got there and am really worried I hit something when driving? Maybe when turning the back of the car swung out and hit something? But then wouldn't that scratch the side too? Would I feel it?

I park on a road which has bushes on the side of the car where the scratch is. I could have reversed into those maybe? I wouldn't care if it was that or if someone else hit it. My anxiety is from he idea I've done this is someone else without knowing.

KK77
12-04-18, 22:55
I think it's likely you scraped side of car on low bushes or shrubs. Whilst the leaves and branches wouldn't mark paintwork, the thicker stems would.

Probably happened when parking. Easy to do without noticing.