PDA

View Full Version : New member

JOJO2608
16-07-07, 14:58
Hi I'm Joanne, I'm 41, married and have just started having panic attacks.
I have seen my GP and he feels that it is something I need to learn to deal with-not too helpful as I'm pretty overwrought by the whole darned business at the moment. My local A and E put me in touch with a psychiatric care nurse as I took extra heart tablets to try to stop my symptoms and he suggested counselling but the gp says that is a complete waste of time and there are so few counsellors in this area that it would be months before I saw anyone if at all!
Oh yeah...twin boys aged 18, long term unemployed but have done a lot of courses and also voluntary work for the last 6 months. Anxiety, hypochondria, mildish depression, palpitations (very fast irregular heart being medically treated), IBS....

honeybee3939
16-07-07, 15:22
Hi Joanne

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Check out also Joanne the Symptoms,How to Cope and First Step Pages im sure you will find them of interest, they are on the left hand side of this page.:hugs:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxx

yorkylover
16-07-07, 15:49
Hi and welcome.We all know how you are feeling,you are not alone.Lots of friendly advise here and support.:hugs:

psychofatale
16-07-07, 15:51
Ho Jo,

I have anxiety, depression and panic attacks too, I hope you find a bit of support and comfort here

manmoor
16-07-07, 21:12
Hi Joanne,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Lindalou64
16-07-07, 21:35
Hi Joanne And Welcome.........linda

trac67
16-07-07, 21:36
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

groovygranny
17-07-07, 09:05
Hello Joanne :welcome:to you!

Can't say I agree with your doc - counselling was a godsend to me. But that's my personal opinion! It may, or may not, be right for you.

Anyway, you're among friends here and we all help and support one another!

Pleased tomeet you!

:flowers:

nomorepanic
17-07-07, 19:46
Hi Jo

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help and you will get loads of support and advice on here.

panicdiva
17-07-07, 21:09
Hi & welcome, you will find lots of support here. Nice to meet you.