PDA

View Full Version : My Anxiety Has More Or Less Gone. There Is A Way Out!!

samtheman
16-07-07, 16:07
Just though I would share this with you's, I know like me some of you's have tried everything and nothing seemed to work, but for the first time in my adult life I feel anxiety free and the depression has also lifted.

Lucinda basset is the keyhttp://www.stresscenter.com/ Her attacking Anxiety and Depression course really does work. Unlike some courses who focus on just panic attacks and the rest this is a complete life skills course which covers everything from self esteem to depression, there are 15 session in set and it really is life changing.

She also does a book "From Panic To Power" which is more or less a condenced version of her course, you can but it on Amazon for about £9 delivered.

Her course can be quite expensive so I bought it off ebay for £40 or so, best £40 I ever spent.

We'll put it this way, I am just back from my first ever holiday which involved going on a Plane, I got through it fine, add to that I have been out shopping, in large malls etc with no fear what so ever, thats how well this program work.

Check out her book at least.

Piglet
16-07-07, 16:43
Will go and have a look on Amazon now hun.

Piglet :flowers:

honeybee3939
16-07-07, 17:06
Hi Sam
So pleased to hear the book as worked for you, thats a great success !:yesyes:

Sounds like you have made excellent progress !

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

Ellen70
16-07-07, 20:07
Hi Sam, it is great that you feel better. Would you mind describing the course in your own words and how long it took you to get better? It must be my pc but I can't gain access to Lucinda's site today.

Thanks

Eibhlin

samtheman
17-07-07, 08:02
Ok there are 15 sessions

Anxiety & Depression, symptoms, causes and common fears
Six steps that will put an end to panic attacks
Self talk - The key to a healthy self esteem
Expectations - How to expect less and get more
Eat and exercise to rid yourself of anxiety and depression
Stop being angry and control you mood swings
Asertive behavior - Speak confidently and gain respect
Put an end to what if thinking
Get of the guilt and worry treadmill
How to stop obsessive scary thoughts
Anxiety and depression - The truth about medication and alcohol
The courage to change
Time management - 12 steps towards a balanced life
How to keep stress from becoming anxiety
Getting beyond a growth spurtYou listen to 1 session a week so it takes 15 weeks to complete the course. Each session compiles 3 parts, 1 - Lucinda Talking 2 - Group Talk 3 - summary. There is also a relaxation CD which you listen to at least twice a day for the first 6 sessions or so. It also comes with a work book which has home work for each session.

I started to feel better by about session 3, This was all about positive self talk and involved me keeping a little note book and writing down every negative thought and changing it. Session 3 I would say is the most important session of the course.

I gave up on the course by session `10 as I just felt so good, I mean I can't wait to get up in the morning now, I really look forward to the day ahead now with optimisim rather than dread.

Sure I still feel anxiety but I stop it in its track before it gets out of hand all with positive self talk, I think the thing which really makes the program work is Lucindas positive energy, she makes you feel like you can do anything you want.

Ellen70
17-07-07, 09:02
Thanks Sam for the post, I really appreciate. It is great than you feel so well now. I looked in eBay and they only had the program from America and it is costly. I will try Amazon now, they might have it.
thanks again

Ellen x

nomorepanic
25-07-07, 19:55
Sam

So pleased to hear it has helped you and thanks for sharing.

I have heard good things about her work.

Southern_Belle
25-07-07, 23:36
Hi Sam,

I'm so happy for you that you have found something that has worked for you. I with nothing but continued success for you.

Hugs,

Laura

Lindalou64
26-07-07, 02:49
Im Glad To Hear It Worked For You ....i Wish Ya The Best.......linda X

mkeeley
07-08-07, 03:28
Glad you found something that worked for you. I realy like her relaxation track, can't say that the rest did much for me, but everyone's different.