PDA

View Full Version : Sudden heart arrest?? Why does this happen to young people??

dus1996
16-04-18, 14:45
Im so scared of cardiac arrest.. I keep hearing stories about young people whom suddenly their heart stopped without having any problems before...
Why is this happening???
Currently I'm working at a hospital and they told me about a 40 year old woman who all of a sudden she had a cardiac arrest... And she didn't smoke..
I can't stop thinking that this terrible thing will happen to me sometime soon... Other young people die... Why not me? Even if I go for a heart test I will not be relieved because that can happen to anyone without problems... So.. What do you think??? ����

Fishmanpa
16-04-18, 14:59
So.. What do you think??? ����

Coming from someone who's had two heart attacks, triple bypass and stents, I think real life professional help is needed to help you rationalize your fears. Living in fear of dying (especially something so extreme) is not living :weep:

Positive thoughts

dus1996
16-04-18, 15:02
Coming from someone who's had two heart attacks, triple bypass and stents, I think real life professional help is needed to help you rationalize your fears. Living in fear of dying (especially something so extreme) is not living :weep:

Positive thoughts
Thank you for your answer! I know living with fear doesn't offer anything good but I'm just curious why people keep dying like this...

Fishmanpa
16-04-18, 15:15
I'm just curious why people keep dying like this...

Does it really matter? Do you worry about being in an auto accident or being the victim of a crime? There are hundreds of examples that have MUCH higher odds of actually happening :shrug:

Positive thoughts

ankietyjoe
16-04-18, 18:11
Honestly, because shit happens.

You just have to trust the numbers that show how rare it is for somebody that age to just 'suddenly die' from heart failure.

Also, the general diet of people in the USA seems to be beyond horrendous. Even when somebody is not massively overweight, it seems common that the almost complete lack of nutrition in a diet can be a massive factor in early onset health issues.