PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else feel like your upper abdomen is firm from gas?

CG5246
16-04-18, 18:58
Not exactly sure if this is gas or not but it’s usually related to gas. I feel like a firm, large bubble or something I’m my upper abdomen between my rib cages. It’s there for a few seconds and then it goes away, and usually I pass gas afterwards. But not always.

I also feel like I can feel my colon in my upper abdomen and it feels firmer rhab everything else in my abdomen. Anyone else??? I’m scared :(

---------- Post added at 17:58 ---------- Previous post was at 16:41 ----------

Anyone?? ☹️

jrcoleman
16-04-18, 22:59
First, quit pushing your fingers into your abdomen before you hurt yourself. I get this from time to time as well. It is gas. I will usually burp a few times and start to feel better, other times I can actually feel it move down my stomach to other areas.

Also, be aware of what you are eating (or not eating) when it happens so you can determine what food might be causing the gas. Mine are onions.

Froggie85
16-04-18, 23:01
Gas relief pills usually help me feel better,they're OTC.

Mindprison
16-04-18, 23:22
You're not trained to go poking around your abdomen looking for things wrong with you, you have no idea what is normal and what isn't so I would recommend not doing that, you will only make yourself sore and then your anxiety will jump on that as evidence that something is wrong.

I suffer from GERD (with an eroded eosophagal sphincter) and IBS. I get abdominal pain and fullness every day even with medication. This is more likely to be some kind of reflux or gas issue than anything else. Worrying about it will make it worse so stop poking around looking for things wrong with you. If you leave it alone, it'll get better. If it doesn't, see a doctor and they will examine whether you have reflux or if it is a gas problem, both can be fixed with medication and/or diet changes.

CG5246
17-04-18, 10:24
You're not trained to go poking around your abdomen looking for things wrong with you, you have no idea what is normal and what isn't so I would recommend not doing that, you will only make yourself sore and then your anxiety will jump on that as evidence that something is wrong.

I suffer from GERD (with an eroded eosophagal sphincter) and IBS. I get abdominal pain and fullness every day even with medication. This is more likely to be some kind of reflux or gas issue than anything else. Worrying about it will make it worse so stop poking around looking for things wrong with you. If you leave it alone, it'll get better. If it doesn't, see a doctor and they will examine whether you have reflux or if it is a gas problem, both can be fixed with medication and/or diet changes.

You're right Mindprison, I just get scared because I really don't know what's normal and to me it seems like it might not be normal. I know my gastrointestinal problems are always a lot worse when I'm very anxious. But then those problems are causing me anxiety. It's really tough to deal with.

---------- Post added at 09:24 ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 ----------

First, quit pushing your fingers into your abdomen before you hurt yourself. I get this from time to time as well. It is gas. I will usually burp a few times and start to feel better, other times I can actually feel it move down my stomach to other areas.

Also, be aware of what you are eating (or not eating) when it happens so you can determine what food might be causing the gas. Mine are onions.

Thanks for your post. I'm struggling to know what is even normal anymore and it's very frustrating...I will try to pay more attention to what I'm eating.

---------- Post added at 09:24 ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 ----------

Gas relief pills usually help me feel better,they're OTC.

Thanks Froggie, I'll try that.