PDA

View Full Version : Powerful single hiccups every day for weeks??

Zerox
17-04-18, 00:06
I’ve been having single hiccups for the last few weeks that are quite harsh spasms that trigger usually straight after a burp, I can usually feel when it’s about to happen, like it’s building up or something. I’m absolutely terrified that I could have cancer of the esophagus. Almost nobody survives it. Please tell me this is normal. I’m going back to my doctor first thing tomorrow

---------- Post added at 00:06 ---------- Previous post was at 00:04 ----------

I also have had GERD for years and the regular heartburn is a risk factor

WiseMonkey
17-04-18, 00:15
I’ve been having single hiccups for the last few weeks that are quite harsh spasms that trigger usually straight after a burp, I can usually feel when it’s about to happen, like it’s building up or something. I’m absolutely terrified that I could have cancer of the esophagus. Almost nobody survives it. Please tell me this is normal. I’m going back to my doctor first thing tomorrow

---------- Post added at 00:06 ---------- Previous post was at 00:04 ----------

I also have had GERD for years and the regular heartburn is a risk factor

Hi over the years, I've had bouts of hiccuping often for extended periods of time and it means nothing! Hiccuping is not a sign of OC/EC, it is mostly cause by air, rapidly swallowed that doesn't go down smoothly. Nervous types of people are also more prone to this.

Are you taking meds for your heartburn?