PDA

View Full Version : Really worried about a mole and has it potentially spread to my spine

Troubledeconomist
17-04-18, 18:35
Hi there,

So i have had a mole on the right side of my torso for as long as i can remember, its always been dark to look at. But recently i have fears that its grown larger, it is no larger currently that the end of a pencil but i still think its grown and my mum thinks it has too. Its also dark brown in the middle and ripply, and the outer part is flesh coloured. It could be a skin tag but im just so worried about it that i cant focus on anything else, and usually with my anxiety i can rationalise it saying i dont physically have these symptoms... so why would it happen? But i have a genuine concern im worried about and the mole to proove it.

To make matters worse i have quite bad back/neck/shoulder pain. I am a student a spend a lot of time at a desk bending over to write notes etc, and i do have an awful mattress at uni - but still worried because i have this moveable lump to the side of my spine (hard to touch) and im panicking that the melanoma has spread to my spine or elsewhere and i cant stop panicking about it! I have a doctors appointment in two days but i just dont think that i'll be able to rest easy even if they say its nothing to worry about. However, i have had back pain for a couple of years and have seen an osteopath about it, and it went away for a while but it is now back.

Ive got a picture of it but i dont know how to attach it, but its an oval shape, ripply like the skin of your fingers in the bath, and darker in the middle than around the edges.

Please any rationalisation/advice would be greatly appreciated x

Limeslime
17-04-18, 18:50
Oh you poor thing. Mole fear is just awful! Is there any pigment spreading out from underneath the mole? Is it bleeding or itchy? If not, combined with its small size, it certainly won’t be advanced enough to spread to your spine (or anywhere for that matter)
To be honest, your description of it does sound like it could be a skin tag, or even a benign keratosis. I have three skin tags on my back near my bra line. My GP says they’re common in that place because of the rubbing from our clothes.
From what you’ve described, it dosnt sound alarming but I know how crippling this fear can be. Go see your GP and have your mind put at rest!

Froggie85
17-04-18, 19:59
I agree with limeslime, it sounds not bad at all! The wrinkle part sounds like a tag maybe.