PDA

View Full Version : Smear Results

HKD1986
17-04-18, 19:32
Hi

I’ve been suffering from really bad health anxiety for the last 2 months. I had a smear booked in March and then convinced myself something was wrong so I put it off as I just couldn’t face it. I thought they were going to tell me I had cervical cancer there and then! Anyway I booked another after my partner pestering me that I should go and I plucked up the courage to go last Tuesday. The waiting has been awful. It’s a week today and still haven’t heard anything. I know they say 2-3 weeks but does anyone know if they send results out quicker if they are abnormal? Or does it not make any difference? I’ve been literally stalking the postman every morning. I just know if my results are normal this HA may subside a bit.

My sister in law had a bad result 6 months ago. Had her smear on the Thursday, she was called by the hospital on the Friday and biopsy on the following Monday. I don’t know if this is standard procedure. Thankfully she’s absolutely fine now.

Any advice will be appreciated.

unsure_about_this
17-04-18, 21:15
I don't know much about smears because I am a male, but I am guessing if it bad result or something looks abdominal you are more likely to get called sooner. I have health anxiety myself, so I think everything is bad, pushing for scans (mainly ultrasounds) bloods and urine tests. I had one of my ultrasounds back a few years ago after four days and was told it was some cysts.