PDA

View Full Version : Do you have to be having a panic attack to feel dizzy?

CG5246
18-04-18, 15:18
I have been to 2 ENTs and 2 neurologists and nothing is wrong with my inner ear or brain. The last neurologist said he personally thinks it's my anxiety (feels a bit like I'm swaying but I'm not). Does anyone experience this dizziness when they're anxious but not having a panic attack?

megan91
18-04-18, 17:50
I use to all the time. all the time.

CG5246
18-04-18, 18:11
I use to all the time. all the time.

So how did you stop getting this feeling? I assume it was your anxiety?

megan91
18-04-18, 21:59
Eventually, it just went away. I think when I was pregnant, my anxiety wasn't as bad (probably hormone related idk) and I realized I was not as dizzy. But it use to be so bad I would hate eating out at a restaurant, going to the store, etc. It wasn't vertigo, more like a rocking boat sensation. It still happens every once in awhile, but I ignore it.

CG5246
18-04-18, 22:28
Eventually, it just went away. I think when I was pregnant, my anxiety wasn't as bad (probably hormone related idk) and I realized I was not as dizzy. But it use to be so bad I would hate eating out at a restaurant, going to the store, etc. It wasn't vertigo, more like a rocking boat sensation. It still happens every once in awhile, but I ignore it.

Ahh okay that makes sense. Mine happens at home too though. Did it ever happen at home for you as well?

lessthanjared
18-04-18, 23:10
I'm dealing with the same thing right now, scared that I have a brain tumor.

megan91
19-04-18, 15:28
Ahh okay that makes sense. Mine happens at home too though. Did it ever happen at home for you as well?

Yes, especially when my husbands worked nights and I was alone. I was always scared I would pass out.