PDA

View Full Version : Mind blank. Forget what talking about mid sentence

Joezeff2013
18-04-18, 17:08
I’ve suffered from anxiety for nearly 10 years now well more health anxiety, it’s been worse lately but noticed a new symptom or a symptom I’ve had recently and in the past but never tied it to anxiety.
I can be talking to someone then all of a sudden I forget what I’m talking about , most times I can get it back and continue my conversation usually after I’ve muddled a few words or sentences up .
Once I’ve had it where I panicked and had to say I’ve completely forgot what I was talking about .
Has anyone else experienced this ?
What has there experience been ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tyke
19-04-18, 03:18
Yes, I've had this. It can be extremely embarrassing and sometimes I've had to come up with something different from what I was originally going to say. It's all part of being anxious, feeling pressure and wanting to maintain a proper conversation and a kind of panic blocks the clear thinking. Like you say, it does usually come back if you can waffle for a bit to give it time. I don't think people really notice that much and you can usually get away with it. I'm sure it feels a lot worse for us because of the blind panic of 'it's gone, it's gone, what the hell am I going to do!, but the people we are talking to have no idea about that!

Magic
19-04-18, 14:17
This happens to me frequently :doh:very embarrassing.

welsh girl
20-04-18, 13:05
Me as well, I put it down to anxiety, but it has happens so often I just don't bother to waffle on, just say "oh dear I have forgotten what I was going to say" then later say
" I remember it now"
I have gone past caring what anyone thinks, if they think anything!!
Don't worry and don't get embarrassed it's not worth it