PDA

View Full Version : Advice on going on holiday

annabanana1991
19-04-18, 09:14
Hi All

I'm new to this thread.
Saw a counselor last year after a problem with my left ear that created a tinnitus effect started affecting my mental health.
Once this has subsided, I came to terms with needing help after having a number of irrational thoughts etc and I was told I was suffering from GAD and low-level OCD tendencies.

My ear problem has returned this year and so has my anxiety, I'm currently taking propanolol and have diazepam for the particularly bad times, I am booked in to see my counsellor on the 2nd May but I go away on a hen do on the 3rd.

I have a number of problems going on here, I'm worried about flying, I'm worried I'll suffer from the ear problem whilst I'm away, not be able to sleep etc but I also am now plagued with the fear that I am getting a problem with my right ear, although not the same symptoms as the left ear, I am experiencing some intermittent pain in the right ear. I'm scared it'll manifest into an ear infection and I'll struggle to fly or it'll manifest whilst I'm away and I worry about having to see a doctor in Spain and ruin my friends hen do.

Can anyone put my mind at rest over this? How long does an earache take to turn into an ear infection and will it be able to be sorted before the 3rd may?

As I write this I know I sound irrational. I'm just worried.

Thank you

Mindprison
19-04-18, 11:52
It might be worrh seeing the doctor just to have them check for infection. If there is no infection and the eardrum itself is fine then I don't think itll be a problem. It could be something as simple as impacted earwax which is easily fixed.

Even if it is an infection, antibiotics clear it up pretty quickly. I'm sure your doctor can give you some advice on how to avoid discomfort in the ears when you're flying.