PDA

View Full Version : Something to think about (racing heart)

Fjoergyn
17-07-07, 00:16
After my last full blown panic attack (and the first one while I was alone) I had a long conversation with my boyfriends father, who suffered from panic himself.
I always was scared that my heart beats to fast and I get a heart attack or it will stop.
Then he gave me something to think about:

Imagine you run down a street and you get faster and faster. What then? Of course there comes a point where you just can't go any faster and you will start to slow down. It's the same with our heart. It won't go any faster than it can.

My GP isn't really helpfull and even made me feel worse, but thinking about that shows me that I have no reason to be scared.
I know it is the toughest muscle in my body and it will not just give up.
Since this conversation I haven't had problems with a racing heart. I even managed to run around the garden and ignore my heart. Hope it stays that way :yesyes:

Maybe it will help some of you thinking about it this way next time it happens :)

jill
17-07-07, 09:24
Hi hun, :D

Hay, way to go you, well done :yesyes: It is sooo true, that if we can think of a symptom in a less scary way, it does not bother us as much, it may still happen, but it passes without fuss, are fears fuel are symptoms, but I know, sometimes is DAME hard not to fear them, but possible, with alot of hard work, time and support.

YOU are doing GREAT, be pround of yourself, your attatued will get you where you want to be, and that if feeling better.

I am sure this thread will help people.:yesyes:

Thank you :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

You take care

LOVE JILLXX