PDA

View Full Version : Ever been in love with BPD suffer?

wubu
19-04-18, 10:34
I spent many years with a previous ex, split and felt a bit down but carried on and was actually enjoying life. Then I met this amazing woman who swept me off my feet! Damn. This is what I was missing!

She was the quiet BPD and I never learnt what BPD was until after, despite the the subtle indirect warnings from her about it. The warning signs should have made me leg it but , the putting you so high up on her list of importance felt great! The odd minor lies here and there, future planning so quickly, me being “so different than the others” and the emotional tailspinning and her sense of self loathing and “why would anyone love me” statements gives you that hero complex to help a damsel in distress but really I was nothing more than a supply source to temporarily fix her.

The idealisation stage progressed and then boom. Devaluation with a little idealisation sprinkled in there just to keep you hooked in until being discarded... then being reeled back in, ignored, lied about and then reeled back in again when she needed her fix.

I've learnt a harsh lesson about boundaries and unfortunately I’ve been left with a very sour taste and feel very used and confused. Thankfully some learning about BPD offered some closure.

Rant over!

Fishmanpa
19-04-18, 13:09
Yep... Before I took a break from dating, I met a woman and I fell head over heels with her. Much like you describe, there were times of idealization and times when I'd find her in bed midday with the curtains drawn. Having been married to a woman with severe depression, I knew those signs but I didn't know about BPD. Long story short, it didn't work out.

I feel for you. Been there done that.

Positive thoughts

EmmerLooeez
02-05-18, 19:59
Just to add my 2 cents, it is probably not needed but I wanted to add. I have BPD myself and would like to say that not every person with BPD is like this and she seems like quite an extreme case.

I'm sorry that you went through that. X

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

wubu
02-05-18, 22:17
thanks for the the replies. Bit late but ive been super busy of late!