PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed

CG5246
19-04-18, 13:30
So I got a full blood test done that pretty much looks for everything--complete blood count, autoimmune diseases, infections, etc. and I already talked to the doctor over the phone and he said that everything looked good--no autoimmune diseases, inflammation, infections, etc.

So they sent me the results by mail because that's just what they do here, they send all test results/scan images home with you. My question is...since my health anxiety has been ramped up before by values in blood tests being slightly out of range (even though the doctor said everything looked good and the values ended up being fine later), should I just immediately discard the blood test results and not look at them since the doctor already said everything looked good? There might be a letter in there that explains things but I mean it's not like I know anything about the blood values and what's normal and what's not, and I'd have to use Google translate to translate from German to English and that's not always accurate...

What are your thoughts? I don't want to go down another spiral and I also have to work on trusting my doctor.

pulisa
19-04-18, 14:07
Throw the blood test results out. You know what will happen if you scrutinise them for the minutest anomaly...
The doctor has said they are fine. Why should he lie to you? Accept and celebrate that you are well.

CG5246
19-04-18, 14:09
Throw the blood test results out. You know what will happen if you scrutinise them for the minutest anomaly...
The doctor has said they are fine. Why should he lie to you? Accept and celebrate that you are well.

You are right. That's what I thought I should do. Thank you Pulisa.

pulisa
19-04-18, 14:16
Written test results and printouts are really unhelpful when you struggle with HA. I'm really pleased you are ok and that all your results are fine-you just don't need to know "how" fine. Fine is enough!