PDA

View Full Version : Hi all. New member here

tracyp
17-07-07, 01:11
Hi everyone

Thought I would nip in and introduce myself.

I'm a 26 year old mum of two from Scotland and have suffered with panic attacks since I was pregnant with my son at 19 ~ so that's a wee while now! Was having the odd panic attack every now and again but in November last year I developed panic disorder and pretty much have one (or many) panic attacks every day. This is totally ruining my life to the point where I have a panic attack about picking my son up from school, going to the shops, going to work, getting in the car. I physically can't get on any mode of public transport or I will die (Well I won't but you know how irrational these things make you!)

Have just been started on Citalopram (excuse my spelling please) and have been referred to a pyschiatrist. Was thinking about trying hypnotherapy but at £60 per session I just can't afford it at the moment. Has anyone else tried hypnotherapy? Did it work? Is it worth it?

Anyway thats enough about me. Thanks for taking the time to read this :)

mkeeley
17-07-07, 07:32
Hi Tracy

Nice to meet you. I've not tried hypnotherapy myself but if you look through the Therapies section you'll find posts from people who have. There's also a section on it in the menu on the left under Remedies.

tracyp
17-07-07, 08:53
Hi Marc

Nice to meet you too. Thanks for helping me find my way around here ~ takes a bit of getting used to!

honeybee3939
17-07-07, 09:09
Hi Tracy

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get lots of great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

You could also use the search facility at the top of this screen to find posts about hypnotherapy.

Hope that helps

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

groovygranny
17-07-07, 09:19
Hello Tracy :welcome:to you!

Can't comment on the hypnotherapy I'm afraid - but Ciltalopram did it for me!

You'll get plenty of help and support here!

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Blindbirdhouse
17-07-07, 11:01
Hey Tracy :yesyes:
A BIG Warm Welcome to the site
Take care :shades:
-Chris

manmoor
17-07-07, 12:22
Hi Tracy,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

trac67
17-07-07, 15:16
Hi Tracy,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

tracyp
17-07-07, 15:23
Thanks everyone!! Still finding my way round at the moment. It's sooo good to know that for the first time I'm not going through this alone!

nomorepanic
17-07-07, 19:43
Hi Tracy

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help and you will get loads of support and advice on here.

I tried hypnotherapy - you can read about it on the website page on the left.

panicdiva
17-07-07, 21:13
Hi Tracy,

Welcome. I'm sure you will find lots of help & support on this site, I know I have. I'm from Scotland too & I started having panic attacks when I was pregnant with my second child who is 9 now. Nice to meet you.

tracyp
17-07-07, 22:42
Thank you Nicola and panicdiva. Nice to meet you both :)

cbear36
18-07-07, 19:01
hi im new to just arrived today n like u i suffer with panic attacks n have done for some time now