PDA

View Full Version : Can Citalopram side effects get worse around Week 2?

EmmaSwan
20-04-18, 13:41
Hello everyone, I have been on 10mg of Cit as of two weeks today. The first couple of days, I had some side effects like nausea, no appetite and muscle twitchiness but they seemed like quite normal side effects and went away after a few days.

I have not felt "better" with Cit yet but my doctor said she doesn't expect that until I have been on it for at least a month, so I am not surprised or disappointed.

The past two days, I have been feeling extra anxious and some of the muscle twitching has been back, and I have been exhausted and/or unable to sleep, sometimes in the same day. I had some shaking and chills last night but it wasn't too severe. Can the side effects come in "waves" like this, where I didn't experience them for a while and now they are back again?

Thank you for your help!

NervousKel
20-04-18, 14:34
Yes, for me week 2 was harder than week 1. I had an increase in anxiety, and even quite a bit of depression (a first for me). I also had more stomach issues starting in week 2, and my insomnia was really bad.

After week 2 or 3, the side effects started to slowly go away.

EmmaSwan
20-04-18, 15:16
Thank you so much for your input. It is reassuring to know that the side effects fading isn't so linear and it can come back in these first few weeks. I was getting really worried.