PDA

View Full Version : My bones feel smaller than I remembered..

HackGame
20-04-18, 21:41
For a few weeks, I’ve noticed my bones have become a lot shorter than I remembered. And it’s not the whole “you’re overlooking,” but no, it really feels smaller than I remembered. Almost every bone! Not only that, but I’ve felt completely low-moderate pains around my bones almost everywhere. Including my joints and muscle. Even mild headaches and fatigue. After researching (google,) I’m very afraid that I might have osteoporosis. Is there something I’m missing here? Because I’m very scared.

Fishmanpa
20-04-18, 21:51
HGame,

Seriously and with respect, that physically cannot happen at your age '.' (PERIOD!). Again with respect, Googling and spending so much time self-examining yourself is not mentally healthy for anyone let alone a 15 year old!

Please speak with your parents or a trusted adult about getting help with your anxiety.

Positive thoughts

AMomentofClarity
20-04-18, 21:54
It’s a beautiful spring Friday. Go outside, do something fun. Get off of Google!!!

Speranza
20-04-18, 21:55
You can't tell from outside whether you have osteoporosis. The bones don't get smaller in that way - they become porous. Shrinkage can occur, usually in extreme old age, but I have several friends who had no idea they had it.

HackGame
20-04-18, 22:34
Honestly, I don’t even know what’s normal anymore. People say pain or extended whatever is a way of knowing you’re growing up. I don’t really know anymore. I apologize everyone. I just don’t see the factor of how smaller bones really means growth. My arm bone (radius) literally feels like half an inch! ^ ^;

MyNameIsTerry
21-04-18, 02:13
You can't tell from outside whether you have osteoporosis. The bones don't get smaller in that way - they become porous. Shrinkage can occur, usually in extreme old age, but I have several friends who had no idea they had it.

Exactly, it's bone thinning. The visible sign is the curved spine which causes the sufferer to be shorter and this takes some years anyway, both my mum & her mum have ended up with the curvature in old age after osteoporosis from middle age.

---------- Post added at 02:13 ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 ----------

For a few weeks, I’ve noticed my bones have become a lot shorter than I remembered. And it’s not the whole “you’re overlooking,” but no, it really feels smaller than I remembered. Almost every bone! Not only that, but I’ve felt completely low-moderate pains around my bones almost everywhere. Including my joints and muscle. Even mild headaches and fatigue. After researching (google,) I’m very afraid that I might have osteoporosis. Is there something I’m missing here? Because I’m very scared.

Yes, you are missing one important thing - the power of the mind.

We have had many people on here posting pictures of something they say they can see and none of us can see anything wrong. Either the body part looks like the rest of ours or the bruise, lump, redness, mark, line, etc just can't be seen yet they continue to say they can see it.

Have a look at Paul's "Fordyce Spots" thread. Look at his picture on there. He has updated it later to say it bothers him less and he realised it was his anxiety changing his perception. Or one on the Symptoms board for "Terry's Nails" where the OP was convinced her nails looked like that when in reality they look like all of our normal nails.