PDA

View Full Version : Norovirus phobia

pixietrixie
21-04-18, 09:38
Hi all,

So for the past few days it's been really hot in the UK which would usually help with my norovirus phobia.
The thing is on Thursday i had a couple of pieces of fruit and I enthused some water with some sliced lemon and orange. Anyway everything was fine but yesterday I started to feel a bit nauseous but later on got hungry so ate normally and such. Felt ok, then this morning when I woke up I've had nausea again. I'm not pregnant or anything and it could just be down to getting too hot and Ibs but I'm freaking out that my fruit from Thursday was infested with norovirus. I washed everything and such but am still freaking out. I should also mention I had my nose cauterized on Monday for nose bleeds and have had trouble breathing since which also adds to the nausea.
I just want opinions really, but am starting to worry a lot and don't want to have a meltdown at work.

Many Thanks. X

Scass
21-04-18, 14:08
I think you’d have been ill by now from the fruit, so you can scratch that off your worry list.

Have you seen or spoken to anyone about your phobia? CBT is so helpful for this kind of worry. X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pixietrixie
21-04-18, 15:30
Hi, thank you so much for your reply. I get worried cause I've it's 48 hours since I ate the fruit and norovirus you can get between 24-48 hours after consuming something contaminated. I've been before but my Mum also went for her anxiety and after the sessions her anxiety is worse than ever..... X

Scass
23-04-18, 06:51
You know that happened to me too - my anxiety got worse. So I tried again a few months later, and it’s better.
Maybe your Mum could try again? Maybe cbt won’t affect you the same way it affects your Mum?
Speak to your doctor anyway and let them help you make a decision?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk