PDA

View Full Version : Can tooth pain cause pain to be this bad?

fma11122345
20-04-18, 22:59
Hey guys! Its me again with another probably dumb question, so I went to the hospital today because of intense tooth pain due to a broken tooth, the pain was so bad it was going up threw my cheek and in front of my ear and my right eye. So I end up going telling the doctor every thing and asking questions if it could be form a brain tomur (the tooth has been broken for a while and never hurt this bad) and so he did a neurological exam and I past it fine and was given antibiotics and pain medication and a referral to a dentist, I guess what I'm trying to ask is that is a neuro exam accurate?

Thank you!

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Fishmanpa
20-04-18, 23:01
Why did you go to the hospital over a tooth ache? Why not the emergency dentist? :shrug:

Positive thoughts

AMomentofClarity
20-04-18, 23:11
Just to make sure I understand the post.....

A trained medical professional, an ER doctor even, who’s probably seen everything under the sun, does an exam and determines you’re fine. But instead of taking his word for it, you’d rather have strangers on the internet with no formal medical training whatsoever reassure you?

fma11122345
20-04-18, 23:21
Why did you go to the hospital over a tooth ache? Why not the emergency dentist? :shrug:

Positive thoughtsBecause I wasn't sure if it was a ear ache or a tooth ache due to it being all spread out the way it was

---------- Post added at 22:21 ---------- Previous post was at 22:20 ----------

A trained medical professional, an ER doctor even, who’s probably seen everything under the sun, does an exam and determines you’re fine. But instead of taking his word for it, you’d rather have strangers on the internet with no formal medical training whatsoever reassure you?Well this places is like a safety net to me ^^ so I thought I'd ask!

fma11122345
21-04-18, 14:30
The pain is going threw my whole right side of my face its about a 3 on pain pills but wears off very fast and it seems to be the worst when I'm laying down, its my right eye/for head and temple my right ear and right jaw, I'm scared it could be Trigeminal Neuralgia form a brain tumor :/ its extremely bad pain.

nomorepanic
21-04-18, 23:32
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Catherine S
22-04-18, 00:25

A trained medical professional, an ER doctor even, who’s probably seen everything under the sun, does an exam and determines you’re fine. But instead of taking his word for it, you’d rather have strangers on the internet with no formal medical training whatsoever reassure you?

Yep. Welcome to nmp. Eleven years and counting for me :D

MyNameIsTerry
22-04-18, 02:05
An infection can be quite painful and yes it can radiate like that. When I shattered one of my wisdom teeth it became infected and it was all up that side of the face.

Take the antibiotics and see what happens. They take a few days to appear to work but then you should find there is less pain with an infection. And if it comes back, it can sometimes be simply that the infection needed a longer course and has returned.

A dentist can resolve all of this for you.

fma11122345
22-04-18, 13:23
Thank you :)

Emc
22-04-18, 13:27
The nerves that supply sensation to your teeth also supply your face so when one is irritated it’s common to feel pain in other areas it supplies so pain up to your eye can be ‘nprnal’ with bad toothache. Just be sure to make a dentist appointment as soon as possible to get it properly dealt with.

fma11122345
22-04-18, 13:28
The nerves that supply sensation to your teeth also supply your face so when one is irritated it’s common to feel pain in other areas it supplies so pain up to your eye can be ‘nprnal’ with bad toothache. Just be sure to make a dentist appointment as soon as possible to get it properly dealt with.Oh I am, trust me! @.@

WHITEDETH
23-04-18, 19:38
Belive me when i tell you yes, yes it can. The worst toothache i had made the left side of my face in agony, neck cheek up to the eye in burning searing pain. I spent tye whole night then rinsing water over the area as it was tbe o ly tbing that helped. When i had an abcess it wasnt quite as spread out but it seemed even worse. Absute agony, brought me to tears. Until the anti biotics kick in tame 2 paracetamol and 2 ibuprofen. This worked for me even though it lasted only 3 to for hours but its better than the unbearable pain.

Carys
23-04-18, 19:54
I believe it certainly CAN be that painful. My Dad had a tooth break, a fracture but it stayed intact if you know what I mean - he said it was the worst pain he had ever experienced in his life (and he has had shattered discs in his back!) He was literally climbing the walls and we had to get him to an emergency dentist asap, it was through his face/head and he was sick with the agony. So, yes, it can cause it.

fma11122345
23-04-18, 23:49
Iv all so been getting pretty dizzy the last few days. Idk if its form anxiety or from the meds I'm on? Idk

---------- Post added at 22:47 ---------- Previous post was at 22:47 ----------

I believe it certainly CAN be that painful. My Dad had a tooth break, a fracture but it stayed intact if you know what I mean - he said it was the worst pain he had ever experienced in his life (and he has had shattered discs in his back!) He was literally climbing the walls and we had to get him to an emergency dentist asap, it was through his face/head and he was sick with the agony. So, yes, it can cause it.Thank u :)

---------- Post added at 22:49 ---------- Previous post was at 22:47 ----------

Belive me when i tell you yes, yes it can. The worst toothache i had made the left side of my face in agony, neck cheek up to the eye in burning searing pain. I spent tye whole night then rinsing water over the area as it was tbe o ly tbing that helped. When i had an abcess it wasnt quite as spread out but it seemed even worse. Absute agony, brought me to tears. Until the anti biotics kick in tame 2 paracetamol and 2 ibuprofen. This worked for me even though it lasted only 3 to for hours but its better than the unbearable pain.Thanks :3