PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take to recover from this?

Sammyeb27
21-04-18, 15:47
Months ago I posted about an issue where I found a lump in my labia and how scared I was it was cancer. I took two ultrasounds and neither of the doctors that requisited them wanted further investigation. Of course, even months later of me avoiding googling and touching it less, I'm still convinced it's sarcoma. I don't know why I don't feel safe with the all clear. I'm taking therapy soon for depression so hopefully this will help me but I'm just not sure. Of course the cancer I thought I had is rare and easily misdiagnosed and slow growing etc so I'm convinced they misdiagnosed me somehow and I'm gonna end up having 2 weeks to live in a few months from no treatment.

Sammyeb27
24-04-18, 07:11
Sorry I realise I didn't really specify questions or my issues. I was wondering if anyone who has experience with cysts has had this long fear before? It hasn't developed into a head and it refuses to so I'm practically convinced it's a tumour. Sometimes it even kind hurts when I've forgotten about it. I just don't know what to do to help get rid of this massive fear!

lofwyr
24-04-18, 14:05
I have had cysts before, different anatomy though. They do not always develop heads, sometimes over months the body reabsorbed them, sometimes they remain indefinitely. I have one on my shin that has been there for 20 years. I don't think there are hard and fast rules .

Anxiousamyj
24-04-18, 15:32
I've had a tiny one on the back of my ankle for at least 10 years. It's sore if I accidentally poke it, but fine otherwise.