PDA

View Full Version : Can you get rabies from roadkill?

Graygray
21-04-18, 22:03
I was driving today and hit a dead bloody skunk in the road. Later when I got out I think the elbow of my sleeve at the elbow part touched the top of my tire and when i took the shirt off a part of the sleeve slung up and touched my mouth. And I have a couple cuts on my hands that touched the sleeve and came close to the tire. Could I contract rabies this way even though I didnt directly touch the skunk

AMomentofClarity
21-04-18, 22:36
Absolutely positively no way in hell.

paranoid-viking
22-04-18, 19:35
No. Save your worries til you need them.

Graygray
13-05-18, 05:16
Driving i ran over a skunk that was already killed in the road and its blood was all over the road.Everywgere. When i got out of my car there were brown/reddish smears near where my handles of my car were that i have been having to touch to get in and out of the car.. I don't know it if it was blood from the skunk or mud. If it was blood from the skunk could I get rabies from that as I have open cuts on my hands because my skin cracks open? Could this happen as a non-bite exposure from blood of the skunk getting into cuts on my hands if it was that?

Elen
13-05-18, 08:20
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

paranoid-viking
13-05-18, 21:15
Driving i ran over a skunk that was already killed in the road and its blood was all over the road.Everywgere. When i got out of my car there were brown/reddish smears near where my handles of my car were that i have been having to touch to get in and out of the car.. I don't know it if it was blood from the skunk or mud. If it was blood from the skunk could I get rabies from that as I have open cuts on my hands because my skin cracks open? Could this happen as a non-bite exposure from blood of the skunk getting into cuts on my hands if it was that?

Is this just repaeating what happened in April or is this a new situation?

Carys
13-05-18, 21:38
A second skunk? Really? Poor skunks round your way.

paranoid-viking
14-05-18, 10:23

People who fears rabies all the time seem to have so bad luck that it equstes someone with so good luck(in their own eyes) that they winn the million dollar lottery every week for 2 years.

Carys
21-05-18, 18:27
Oh well, I guess as he never came back.....he's fine :shrug:

ServerError
21-05-18, 20:16
Or he died of rabies.

MyNameIsTerry
21-05-18, 22:21

That stinks...:whistles:

paranoid-viking
22-05-18, 08:54
Or he died of rabies.

It is a she, but I will not be surprised if she shows up with another rabies thread soon.