PDA

View Full Version : Lymph nodes

overlyanxioushippo
22-04-18, 00:44
Hi everyone. I'm new here. I'd like to ask if anyone has ever felt their submandibular lymph nodes. The ones I feel under my jaw seem to be rubbery. One in particular that I think I have had for years seems to be on the jellybean sized side. I'm worried about lymphoma and cancer in general. Any personal experience with lymph node preoccupation? I have no clue what the internet means by "soft" or "rubbery."

Mr. Ed
22-04-18, 04:54
Yup, lymph nodes are a nemisis of mine. I can feel the nodes in my neck. I've had my doctor check a number of times, and he always says they are fine. He told me a bad node often feels like a rock. He had me feel the edge of my wrist as a reference. Mine feel spongy, almost the consistency of a grape.

Of course, I am not a doctor, and I am not dispensing medical advice.

eminence
22-04-18, 15:34
I have a whole year of experience with lymph node preoccupation. I can feel a few nodes on both sides of my neck, they're rubbery and movable. I've been able to feel them since May or so last year, but I don't think they've grown since. As far as I know, nothing is wrong with them.

Fishmanpa
22-04-18, 15:40
Do a search on lymph nodes and you'll find it's one of the top three subjects on the boards if not the top worry relating to cancer.

I'm a Head and Neck cancer survivor. I know nodes intimately. 99.9999% of the worries here are unfounded and NOT cancer.

Positive thoughts

overlyanxioushippo
23-04-18, 08:09
I have no idea if my symptoms of muscle pain and fatigue are related to these lymph nodes, or if I'm just starting to be overly aware of bodily sensations. Health anxiety as well as these symptoms that I feel has definitely been very draining on me and stressful :\. Maybe I ought to get CBT for it. I have an appointment Friday to address these symptoms and concerns, hopefully I can ultrasound the nodes.