PDA

View Full Version : Worried i have Sporadic fatal Insomnia

devo343
22-04-18, 12:13
so im 16 and worried i have this ffi or sfi for the last 3 nights i have been having some trouble sleeping ive been able to sleep just not right away and it says the beginning are trouble falling asleep so my usual anxious self thinks i have this disease nobody in the family has had this but what im worried about is the sfi version when it comes to sleep im worried about something wheter it be false awakings or sleep paralyses now it has migrated to this i know its rare but im still worried i have it any help would be appreciated

Emc
22-04-18, 12:20
You know what else causes insomnia? Anxiety. Which is very common.
If you hear hoof beats it’s far more likely to be a horse than a unicorn (the disorders you’re worrying about are too rare even to be classed as zebras).

Daedalus
22-04-18, 13:03
Sporadic fatal insomnia is so rare it's possible to name all the people who have ever suffered from it!

It's about 10 in 7 billion, I think!

That's roughly the chance of being hit by lightning 10 times in one year.

Imeleedi
22-04-18, 22:10
Sporadic fatal insomnia is so rare it's possible to name all the people who have ever suffered from it!

It's about 10 in 7 billion, I think!

That's roughly the chance of being hit by lightning 10 times in one year.

10 recorded cases in the literature since 1997 that's correct.

Also to the OP, to be considering SFI after 3 nights of mild sleep disturbance is quite frankly ridiculous beyond all reason.

Fishmanpa
22-04-18, 23:43
Better chance being hit by lightning 3X in your lifetime.

Positive thoughts