PDA

View Full Version : Promazine,

Dazzlar13
22-04-18, 14:46
Hi all,

Over the past few years Ive had severe anxiety and managed to get myself in a real mess, my anxiety mainly for the past ten years has centred around insomnia. Or avoiding insomnia. I have found myself hooked on cannabis, diazepam and Zopiclone. All obtained from illicit sources.

Anyway, I moved in with my girlfriend before Christmas and she as noticed symptoms that seem to match the symptoms of mild bipolar disorder. I.E periods of hypomania then periods of mild depression.

I went to see a psychiatrist because we were looking to change my meds as citalopram was destroying my sex drive and we want to try for a baby, I ended up just blurting out everything.

The psychiatrist advised that she could not say whether or not I was bi-polar because of all the drugs I have been taking, although as my brother and uncle are both bipolar I am "at risk" they have prescribed me Promazine and Duloxetine.

I am terrified of the Promazine due to the side effects I have read. I took my doses as prescribed yesterday and felt out of it completely.

Is it as bad as I have read and is it something I will be on for a short-term thing to settle me down enough to come off all the stuff I shouldn't be taking?

I am not sure its something I want to be on long term.