PDA

View Full Version : Challenging my 24/7 dizziness, then feel like back to square one. Help

Lucyjane
22-04-18, 21:15
Ever since i gave birth to my son a year ago, I'VE been suffering from this false sense of motion and unbalanced feeling 24/7.
Because I've had it for so long, I'm so anxious because of it.
I'm still waiting for a balance clinic appointment towards the end of May so they can tell me whether I do have a vestibular issue or is all JUST ANXIETY.
But would anxiety make me feel all of this?
Anyway, I thought I'd try and see how I'd feel by standing up completely still on the spot.
For a couple of seconds I was okay, then the swaying and unbalanced feeling got worse and I had this sudden dropping sensations I've mentioned before.
So it was like a sudden wave came over my body like the floor had dissapeared and my whole body jumps and tenses.
After that, panic starts and I rush to go and sit on the sofa.
I feel like everytime I try, I'm back to square one.
Anyone else have any advice on how I can get through this?

jray23
23-04-18, 00:30
I can't say for sure if what you are feeling can be completely caused by only anxiety, but I can tell you as someone with vestibular neuritis right now that vestibular issues very often can cause anxiety (and understandably so!), and then in turn the anxiety makes your vestibular symptoms feel worse! So either way it's definitely key to try to keep your anxiety levels down. Easier said than done! Best wishes!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

ARIES34
23-04-18, 01:03
I have the exact same symptoms. I've had them for a long time. My vestibular tests were negative, so no help there. It's possible that it's anxiety.

If your pregnancy was stressful that could've been a trigger perhaps.