PDA

View Full Version : Doctor Called About Blood Test Results?

Haileyb
23-04-18, 00:29
I recently had a few blood tests done, along with a thyroid ultrasound to look at my nodules, and she left me a message today. She said she would call me tomorrow to go over my test results. There might be something wrong with my endocrine system, which is why I had all the tests to begin with, and my blood pressure has been high for awhile now. It's been a little over a week since all my tests were done.

I found it strange, because she said I didn't need to make an appointment to come in. She just wanted to call me to go over the results.

Has this ever happened to anyone else before? Is a call directly from the doctor usually a bad thing?

Thanks.

nomorepanic
23-04-18, 00:35
Doesn't sound anything sinister to me really.

Do you suffer with anxiety then as well?

Haileyb
23-04-18, 00:40
Yes, I was diagnosed with GAD when I was a kid. The doctor thought my high blood pressure was probably from my anxiety, so she wanted to see if I'd improve over time taking a beta blocker. I was on that beta blocker for a few months, but I had some bad side effects, so she told me I could quit taking it. I had another visit with her last week, and my blood pressure was 140/102, so she put me back on another beta blocker, and ordered lots of blood tests. She also discovered my thyroid nodules last week, so it's just been a really stressful time. I'm only 21 years old, so the doctor is pretty baffled as to why I'm having these symptoms.

SarahNah
23-04-18, 00:48
I've had this happened to me before! I was dangerously low on iron-levels. Yet my doctor decide to send my treatment plan onto the pharmacy and have me pick it up there. I think if it's something they can deal with without seeing you in person, they try too? Like I would personally be more worried if they asked you to come in or told you to head to the hospital for another appointment! I hope it works out okay for you.

Haileyb
23-04-18, 01:16
My doctor tested my iron levels last year when I first started showing symptoms, and they were normal. It's frustrating when the doctor can't exactly tell you what's going on. I'm hoping for the best though, thank you.