PDA

View Full Version : IBS or something more?

HKD1986
23-04-18, 10:51
Hello

About 2 months ago I started getting bad HA this is when my problems started I think.

It actually started with a tummy bug with sickness and dioreah and then that went I started having a formed but loose stool every morning. I was convinced I had cervical cancer but I’ve just had my smear results back that were all fine thank god! I thought my anxiety would subside after that but it hasn’t really I’m now thinking I have bowel cancer or something sinister going on.

I wake up and feel anxious and immediately need to run to the toilet and it’s loose. I then have a weird feeling in my tummy for most of the day that sometimes goes round to my back. Sometimes a bit of bloating too but not often. Sometimes I have another BM during the day which is also a bit runny.

I have no blood and my BM are a normal colour. Easy to pass, formed but loose/soft. I’m becoming obsessed checking them and it’s making my anxiety worse.

I was prescribed sertraline by the doctor but I’m frightened to take them. I wanted to try and deal with this HA on my own first. Now thinking I’ve got bowel cancer or something else causing all this.

Any help much appreciated.

Bittersweet05
29-04-18, 18:34
Hi. I feel for you. I too struggling for almost 2 mos with anxiety and ibs. I can only assume is ibs. I find myself trying to mask by drinking a few shots of alcohol. That is not they way. I cry all the time and my stomach always cramping. I dread eating because no matter what i eat i am bloating. When first started was lower right side. That seems to have subsided but now it is my stomach. Im always bloated and cant eat much. I know most isbin my head from health anxiety. I know if i can get my mind at a better place i will feel better. Just cant do it. I have a wonderful family. Right now my 34 y old daughter found a lump in her breast. Dr said thinks only breast tissue but she goes for ultrasound Tuesday. I have a more hectic job so there isnso much on my mind. Thanks for listening. I'm sorry I got off the subject.